Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compadre or 5.75 coil for my Vaquero

I have a Vaquero and was thinking about getting a 5.75 coil for it. Would I be better off with the 5.75 coil for my Vaquero or get a Compadre that comes with a 5.75 coil to do my trash sites. I mainly hunt old homesteads. I was thinking I wouldn't have to change coils, just grab my other detector. I have read the Compadre is a good low end machine, but don't know if I would lose a lot of depth. Thanks in advance for any Info.

Changing coils is easy if you have lower shaft for each coil. I would stay with the Vaquero.

Howdy Silver Fox

If you are hunting the trashy yards.......you can still use the stock coil. I just raise the coil a little farther above the ground (couple of inches) as I swing the coil. This technique actually uses the smaller electromagnetic field below the coil and see's less ground and trash signals. It is a good way to 'make' your stock coil more productive in a trash environment. But if you have extra cash, I would look at the smaller 5.75 concentric coil. These can be bought cheap on the bay or the forums. HH

Randy

Wow. I really love my Compadre. Never had a Vaq but then I'm just a tot lotter. I do have a 5.75 for my Silver umax and it's the only coil I use. The Compadre is my favorite detector since I got it a few months ago.

there both great machines but get 5,75" coil for the vaq i have one for mine and would'nt be with out it i hunt mainly old home steads my self and still almost get the same depth as you would the stock coil!:thumbup:

I would add the 5.75 to the Vaquero for versatility - then afterward add the Compadre so a backup detector is always on hand. For the price, I don't know what's not to like about the Compadre except I would like to see it not hard-wired, although one can add the connector. But then again I use the 5.75 for most of my Tesoro detecting, so not too big a deal to me.
The 5.75 has been my favorite for my Tesoro's - and I find the Compadre such a simplistic fun detector to use. I grab and use the Compadre more than I would have ever thought because its such a fun little machine to use - and I'm mainly out to have fun.

Silver Fox,

"Old homesteads", 5.75 for Vaquero! Joe