Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

COMPARE

Similar; more "on screen" information that helps you make a dig/no-dig decision. If you put the CTX in "Ferrous Coin" mode, you'll recognize the IDs as they will be essentially the same. Tones, set a 50/multi-tone, will be similar as well.

Don't expect more depth; you won't get it (unless you employ the big 17" coil), but it's a very, very good machine and is better in iron -- at least, better than the Explorers (it seems faster and better able to separate and give you information in a co-located target scenario).

Steve

tnbassfishin said:
I have a etrac how does the ctx compare?

If you are good with the Etrac, you will be better with the 3030. Expect about 2 inch gain in depth with the 17 inch coil, depending on your dirt conditions of course.

CTX is so much better balanced. If nothing else was changed, I would pick the CTX just for that.

tnbassfishin said:

For one thing its is waterproof so you can hunt in deeper shallow water.
If you beach hunt in salt water one good gold ring can go a long way paying for the CTX.
If you do not shallow water hunt then I really dont know if the advantages are worth the cost.
$1000 is a lot of coins to dig.

And the cost ... $2500 for the CTX-3030 and $1500 for the E-trac (new prices).

Go to YouTube ... you will find a lot of comparison videos there.

I have them both, and I love them both. My CTX is my primary and the E-Trac is my backup and loaner machine. The FBS technology is similar in each. The general setup of the search modes is similar, and there are functions that are the same on both machines. The major differences are that the CTX is waterproof, has GPS, has a map feature, has a clock (!), and most importantly, target trace.

Agree with what everyone has said about depth. Both machines get roughly the same depth. E-Trac has more aftermarket/accessory coils available for it, but honestly all you need with the CTX are the stock 11" and the 17". I am not a fan of the CTX 6" and find myself using the E-Trac with a 7.5"x3.5" elliptical coil for very trashy areas. My favorite E-Trac coil is the Ultimate 13" which is sort of a 'tweener size that the CTX lacks.

Bottom line, if I am going out to hunt, I take both machines and start with the CTX. The E-trac usually stays in the car. But I know that if my CTX goes down, I have a reliable backup machine to use.

Willee said:

If you beach hunt in salt water one good gold ring can go a long way paying for the CTX.
If you do not shallow water hunt then I really dont know if the advantages are worth the cost.

Etrac is available from most dealers for $1200 and the CTX for $1800 , just an FYI

sprchng said:

Etrac is available from most dealers for $1200 and the CTX for $1800 , just an FYI

I think Willee meant “MSRP”, not necessarily “new”. And those prices are the very low end of what is actually charged and depending who’s doing the charging...I paid 2k a couple years ago. Then again,that was from a dealer with which I put in a single order of 3600 dollars (bought a bunch of other stuff too) and didn’t even get a hat. Some dealers are too big for their own good,I don’t go there anymore.

I paid $1200 for my Etrac new and just a couple of years ago the CTXs were available for 1850 new and you had your choice of a 6 or 18" coil to go along with the 11". If people are going to compare prices they need to be accurate on both sides of the offers. My E800 was 850 new and with the vet's discount it's around 750.
The nice thing about the sponsors list here and elsewhere is the ease of comparing prices.