Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

compass metal detector

Toanodigger

I have aquired a Compass 77iB professional detector but it does not have the battery connectors. Does anyone have a wiring diagram of a 77iB or can anyone send me some pictures of the inside of one that show the on/off switch and battery test switch. Thanks in advance.

got this somewhere...
1690894184247.png

it does so 3 batts but nothing about voltage, etc. I had a Compass relic magnum 6 but I don't remember anything about batts, I found this schematic years ago to hoping it would help mine that quit but somebody stole it first, :LOL:

1690923459412.png

I have aquired a Compass 77iB professional detector, but it does not have the battery connectors. Does anyone have a wiring diagram of a 77iB or can anyone send me some pictures of the inside of one that show the on/off switch and battery test switch. Thanks in advance.
I used many different Compass detectors over the years and most I seen use 3 battery packs of 4 AA batteries in each pack. the connectors to the packs look like those for 9-volt batteries, but 9 volts were too much voltage. I believe all the packs run to the same connector on the circuit board but not 100% on that.
I found more coins with my Relic Magnum 7 automatic and my relic mag professional while my wife got her a Relic magnum 6 which was a very good detector too and really find the coins and not much trash. I still have a compass judge 2 in my shop that was my dads that passed away as it was a hipmount with coil on just a shaft with a extra handle so it was easy to swing..
I never used any of the newer Compass as I switched when the Teknetic 8500 B and the Mark 1 came out, believe that was in the 70s.
I hope you get the 77B working as I hear they were real good in iron.
Rick

I used many different Compass detectors over the years and most I seen use 3 battery packs of 4 AA batteries in each pack. the connectors to the packs look like those for 9-volt batteries, but 9 volts were too much voltage. I believe all the packs run to the same connector on the circuit board but not 100% on that.
I found more coins with my Relic Magnum 7 automatic and my relic mag professional while my wife got her a Relic magnum 6 which was a very good detector too and really find the coins and not much trash. I still have a compass judge 2 in my shop that was my dads that passed away as it was a hipmount with coil on just a shaft with a extra handle so it was easy to swing..
I never used any of the newer Compass as I switched when the Teknetic 8500 B and the Mark 1 came out, believe that was in the 70s.
I hope you get the 77B working as I hear they were real good in iron.
Rick
I used to find bucket loads of coinage with a BFO once upon a time. These days a BFO would find very little. Now is it the detector that finds a lot , or is it the site loaded with coinage that is best.

it does so 3 batts but nothing about voltage, etc. I had a Compass relic magnum 6 but I don't remember anything about batts, I found this schematic years ago to hoping it would help mine that quit but somebody stole it first, :LOL:

View attachment 44415
Battery packs appear to be in series for battery CK only. Then each pack is tapped separately for different parts of the circuit.
Am I seeing that correctly ?

I think Rick is right, [ 3 battery packs of 4 AA batteries in each pack ] Each pack has a connector looking like a 9 volt battery. some parts of the circuits use different voltages

Heras mate using it in the Thames in london where they are still used today as they were the best in rubbish filled areas

Attachments

• IMG_1332.png
    IMG_1332.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 75
My Judge 2 uses 3 packs of 4 AAs but if you use headphones, you can leave one of them out. Each pack is labeled A,B, or C but doesn't give the voltage on the labels. Each pack can be checked individually. A person can still find an owner's manual for the 77B online.