Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Complete tone reversal in 50 tone....check it out!

IDXMonster

I don’t know WHY anyone would want to do it, but here’s what ya do(for those who haven’t done it already). Choose 50 tone profile. Change the left hand value from 90 to 1200hz. Change the right hand value from whatever it is(930 maybe?) to 75hz. Now your low stuff is higher pitched and higher conductors sound low. What’s the purpose? Hell, I don’t know! I’m just saying you can do it and I’m bored.🙂

It would be where your looking for low conductors iron would come in high and silver would come in low your not looking for silver all your high tone falsing will go low as silver letting you hone in on the high low tone now without caring about all the high tone falsing .sube

I could see using that when looking for property stakes. Really, really difficult to get my brain to listen for low tones instead of high.

My first thought was as we get older some tones are easier to hear than others so reversing has its potential there

My first thought was as we get older some tones are easier to hear than others so reversing has its potential there
I have been thinking this myself as I have high pitch hearing loss

Well...I’m glad my online forum friends haven’t COMPLETELY laughed me out of the house with this!🤣🤣 It IS worth noting, in particular, the hearing loss thing. It’s easy to gloss over that issue when one doesn’t HAVE the problem of being hearing impaired. Or for that matter, completely deaf. The lowly “entry level” Nokta Simplex has a “Vibrate” option when a target is detected, which is incredibly forward thinking. Many older people develop sensory issues over time, some are born with certain sensory deficiencies. The more ideas we as a community float, the better we can all get on with what we love doing...metal detecting!

Well...I’m glad my online forum friends haven’t COMPLETELY laughed me out of the house with this!🤣🤣 It IS worth noting, in particular, the hearing loss thing. It’s easy to gloss over that issue when one doesn’t HAVE the problem of being hearing impaired. Or for that matter, completely deaf. The lowly “entry level” Nokta Simplex has a “Vibrate” option when a target is detected, which is incredibly forward thinking. Many older people develop sensory issues over time, some are born with certain sensory deficiencies. The more ideas we as a community float, the better we can all get on with what we love doing...metal detecting!
I am confident there are quite a few hunters out there that have the same issue as me. Some will not admit they have a hearing issue or don’t want others to know. To me, it doesn’t bother me if others are aware that I wear hearing aids. I thank God for the invention of them otherwise I’d live a pretty miserable life.
The last few weeks, I have been thinking about this very subject you posted. Mid and lows I hear perfectly fine and I was wondering what detectors have this feature. Then you mention the CTX. If anyone knows of other detectors that have this reverse feature of tones, please pm me. IDX, thank you for starting this post!!

Interesting subject. I was born with a closed down ear canal on one side. Not deaf on that side but maybe like 5% ability, but interestingly enough is my other side is/was capable of hearing pitches/tones that the audiologist was blown away. This birth defect nearly side railed my LE career but both the ear Doc and the regular Doc cleared me. Then I became a firearms instructor and even with protection did myself no favors.
Now when I’m out hunting the wife or kids hear something off to side and I dont so rely on them to pinpoint. Interestingly as well at 66 and I only wear readers so thankful my sight is still pretty sharp. They say if one sense is deficient another becomes better and I would have to agree.
On a side related note...... I have seen younger folks out with headphones on and at full volume. Their reasoning is they have to hear the weaker deeper signals, can’t see how imploding your head is going to help but then I danced to heavy rock live bands once so....... I wear mine at one notch below comfortable as I can hear high tones yet and Grey Ghost headphones block out 99% of the outside noises.

I don’t know WHY anyone would want to do it, but here’s what ya do(for those who haven’t done it already). Choose 50 tone profile. Change the left hand value from 90 to 1200hz. Change the right hand value from whatever it is(930 maybe?) to 75hz. Now your low stuff is higher pitched and higher conductors sound low. What’s the purpose? Hell, I don’t know! I’m just saying you can do it and I’m bored.🙂
could not resist this one. Say your hunting buddy has a CTX and likes to hunt in 50 tones. When he goes to the restroom reverse his tones. and watch and try to hide your giggles.

I am confident there are quite a few hunters out there that have the same issue as me. Some will not admit they have a hearing issue or don’t want others to know. To me, it doesn’t bother me if others are aware that I wear hearing aids. I thank God for the invention of them otherwise I’d live a pretty miserable life.
The last few weeks, I have been thinking about this very subject you posted. Mid and lows I hear perfectly fine and I was wondering what detectors have this feature. Then you mention the CTX. If anyone knows of other detectors that have this reverse feature of tones, please pm me. IDX, thank you for starting this post!!
I too have some high freq hearing loss in both ears, more in the right than the left. That is why I could never use 50 tones on my Nox 800 to hear the subtle variances in tones to ID targets like most people. It is now the reason I sold my 800 and bought my CTX for the extra visual clues on the much expanced ID range of FE and CO values compared to the skimpy little 40 units of separation on the 800. Loving the CTX.