Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Concentric coils

It was a Kelly CO. made coil I believe they may still have them for sale on there website. Also Bryce,IL. did a field test on one it is on His test link on the Explorer forum or it use to be as been awhile since He was over there. Basicly you have to really crawl with it due to the cone type signal. Also more easy to mask targets opposed to a DD coil because of the design.I prefer the Sunray X-8 coil myself so didn't keep it very long. Minelabs in general just work as they should with a DD as designed. IMHO.

Thanks Harold

I just got a SR X8 and am really liking it.

The separation is really good with good depth.

Its most likely going to be my main coil as it does about as well as my X5 with more depth and coverage.

Do you have any experience with the Stealth X12?

The Sun Ray X12 is a very good sound coil as it is very light weight for a larger coil. I have all three X5,X8 and X12 Sun Ray coils and like them all, Sun Ray makes a quality product IMO. But I must say the Ultimate13 inch coil is a keeper and one you might consider in you arsenal.

Couple questions.

Why do you prefer the Ultimate over the X12 and the stock coil?

Weight wise is the ultimate heavier than the stock coil.

Thanks man

Dwight

roadapple said:
The Sun Ray X12 is a very good sound coil as it is very light weight for a larger coil. I have all three X5,X8 and X12 Sun Ray coils and like them all, Sun Ray makes a quality product IMO. But I must say the Ultimate13 inch coil is a keeper and one you might consider in you arsenal.

IMO, The Ultimate 13 does not feel any more heavy than the stock, however it is a deeep seeking coil that does have advantages over the X12 on dry land as the X12 is waterproof .

Yes I love the Sunray X-12 Coil as well. It is great at finding deep silver coins on edge. I dug a seated dime on edge this spring with it that was around 10'' or so. Also got a deep Barber Quarter on edge with it. I prefer it over the stock pro coil.