Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

concentric on G2

Picketwire

While on the Tekneticsdirect website, I saw the 10 inch elliptical concentric coil and it was recommended for the G2 and G2+ along with the greek detectors. I know Dave J said only dd coils work correctly on the Gold bug so what is going on here?

That's strange. The F19 and G2+ were never intended to use concentric coils. I tried once and was disappointed by the results.

That was the stock coil for the F5 when it was introduced. Works well on the F5.

When the Gold Bug Pro and G2 were introduced I was a Teknetics Dealer, used the Omega 8000, and preferred the round 8" Concentric and 5" DD on it. I got the G2 and, not caring for the 11" BiAxial (aka DD) I used a 5" DD and also mounted the 10" elliptical Concentric on it, and it did fair but not great.

The F-19 & G2+ were improved versions to replace the Gold Bug Pro and G2. I have owned, and parted with, four of the F-19's. They work better than th Gold Bug Pro, but I still preferred thw 5" DD on them. The only Concentric coil I tried on one of them was a round 7" Concentric Fisher coil. I had it on an F-44 I ordered, bought one for an Omega 8000, and had a 3rd 7" Concentric. I used in on an F-18 for some Coin Hunting in an urban environment and it worked. I liked it better than the 10" elliptical and the 11" BiAxial.

That said, I will tell you it worked for me, but it didn't work great, nor nearly as well as other makes and models I used with a 7" Concentric, such as my Omega 8000 V4, F-44, or Makro Racer II.

Monte