Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Confederate & Union Civil War Relics With Seated & Barber Silver Sprinkled In

Reason I asked was to see it a little better to try to ID it. Might be as listed in Tice’s book as CS281As1 blank, not in Alberts, looks like maybe olive branch in right talon, not able to see from pic arrows in left. Blank with a depressed channel. Or could be in Tice’s CS251As1, Albert’s CS 20. Blank meaning no lines or stars.
This is about as good as I can get with better photos of the Droop Wing. I believe a small piece of wire or a pin was used to attach the button as you can see the ball of rust that covers the shank.
gHQFHD6.jpg
SiqrkgA.jpg

Love those droop wing eagles..
Last picture up close looks like it may be a lined field droop eagle
Appreciate the story & pictures..

This is about as good as I can get with better photos of the Droop Wing. I believe a small piece of wire or a pin was used to attach the button as you can see the ball of rust that covers the shank.
gHQFHD6.jpg
SiqrkgA.jpg
Really tough to make a call on it. I see 3 very similar in Tice’s book. The third being listed in Albert’ as CS 23, but no mention of a cuff size one regarding that. None the less a cracker of a CS relic with the back intact. Tough to find info on locally made buttons because of the rarity. Thank you for taking the time to share more pics!

Really tough to make a call on it. I see 3 very similar in Tice’s book. The third being listed in Albert’ as CS 23, but no mention of a cuff size one regarding that. None the less a cracker of a CS relic with the back intact. Tough to find info on locally made buttons because of the rarity. Thank you for taking the time to share more pics!
I appreciate you taking the time to look. I need to get Tice's book but they have gotten so expensive. I guess they are also more rare than hens teeth :ROFLMAO:

The first two hunts of the new year have been very productive. I hunted a new site that is soon to be developed. It is in an area that saw a lot of action during the Civil War. I started out on the lower part of the property without much luck. I worked my way up to the highest point and the first good signal was a Confederate Droop Wing Officers Button. Excited is an under statement as I don't dig CS buttons often. I haven't been able to find another example of one like it online. I was told it is a local made button. It does not have a backmark. I slowly worked my way around that area and dug a few dropped Enfields and a Gardner bullet. It was dark and so I ended the first hunt on a high note.
I was able to get back the next day and I dug a few more bullets and a very nice Union Eagle I button. The relics started to slow down on the hill so I went back down to the lower areas. I got a high tone on the old Etrac and flipped out a dime. I could make out that it was a thin Seated dime, a very worn 1878 and I was thrilled to see it. I continued on and targets were few and far between. After digging some trash I dug what looked to be a good luck piece, but it is a watch fob from The Cincinnati Horse Shoe & Iron Co. the attachment loop is broken. The back reads "Compliments Of The Cincinnati Horse Shoe & Iron Co. Manufacturers Of Horse & Mule Shoes" info online says it's from 1910. I always enjoy digging those fobs. I went on to dig a few more bullets but not much more. I was making my way out when I got a great sounding high tone coming in as a silver quarter on the detector. I cut a big plug and the signal was still down in the hole. Sure enough I scooped out a silver coin and it's a 1902 Barber Quarter from the old New Orleans mint. I was not expecting that but I am very happy to have dug it. I hunted until dark and lucked up on two more pulled Enfields. For some reason I didn't get a group shot of all the bullets from both hunts but I dug a total of ten. Five Enfields and one Gardner and the other five were .58 Minies . I am hoping I can luck up on some more nice relics from this location before it is lost forever.
7ghBi2a.jpg
hjn3Ozs.jpg
IrHgHC9.jpg
MJY8AIe.jpg
IoVt2jd.jpg
Ad68Vcw.jpg
L9MtTKk.jpg
XCrAgQA.jpg

rb7sXtB.jpg
fKEmiCH.jpg
Coordinates please...just kidding. Nice finds!