Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Confirmation from Tesoro

Perhaps, to the Avid Detectorists who are savvy to just how good those models are.

But my two Bandido II [size=small]micro[/size]MAX and my Silver Sabre [size=small]micro[/size]MAX devices are virtually priceless because they are staying put in my detector outfit. I had a 3rd Bandido II [size=small]micro[/size]MAX I sold to Norm 'back east'.last week that is in absolute pristine condition and I don't believe he's letting that one go, either. These two models are my all-time favorite Tesoro's out of my top five favorites and good specimens are well worth any reasonable price.

Just my very biased feelings of course,

Monte

I will still continue to use and collect Tesoros , they are unmatched . very sad day .....

Rusty left at the right time.

Yep you're right Monte, the Bandido 2 will follow along with many "classics" like the ShadowX2 and others, (not for sale).

Folks will keep them and rightly so. Today's detectors? I really never wanted to know how deep the1904 Barber half was that was showing on the screen lying next to a square nail and Copenhagen can lid. I usually know where I'm at so the GPS visual didn't add a lot and I had already listened to news before I left home. There's just something not right about watching FOX on a detector.

Some of the above is not true of course but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's not possible.

What I do like is a good clear BEEP that says hey...you up there, dig HERE!! and sometimes when I follow the BEEP and dig I say well DANG!!! LOOKEE here!!! this one goes in the display case!!.! There's something special about the element of surprise.

Thanks for the "like new" Bandido Monte

Thank you Jack Gifford, VInce, Rusty, and Team.:detecting:

P.S. My Lobo Super Traq found my Avatar for me last year (my first and only)

Sad news .....the tesoro"s are bullet proof. And a joy to hunt with

I noticed a couple tesoro dealers / distributors websites are down ?

Rob in (Ca) said:
Sad news .....the tesoro"s are bullet proof.

Kinda sorry to hear about Tesoro. I cut my teeth for 22yrs on a Golden Sabre II that was the only machine I had. Moved on to bigger and better but that GSII got me a LOT of coins back in the day! Got rid of the GSII recently and it's still going strong after 27yrs. If treated right they are bullet proof. Hopefully for you Tesoro fans....just maybe some "wise" entraupeneur" will buy Tesoro's NOS parts and maybe continue repairs/part sales...????? They are tuff machines!!!!!

Yep My New Tone Golden was rare to begin with Now mega rare. I wonder if the fact they lost the Tone codes have an effect on repair if needed? It works great and never heard of a Tone problem. Only thing I heard is the toggle mode switch wearing out but that seems like a easy fix.

Harold said:
Yep My New Tone Golden was rare to begin with Now mega rare. I wonder if the fact they lost the Tone codes have an effect on repair if needed? It works great and never heard of a Tone problem. Only thing I heard is the toggle mode switch wearing out but that seems like a easy fix.
This is news to me. I had heard the part with tones manufacturer no longer supplied the part. Would love to know the truth.

When will Tesoro release a public statement as to what is going on?? Are they going to shut the doors for good? Are they being bought out by another company? I think that the loyal, supporting customers deserve to know....just thinking out loud.

slingshot said:
This is news to me. I had heard the part with tones manufacturer no longer supplied the part. Would love to know the truth.

Software code was lost or accidentally trashed...............

Sven said:

Software codoe was lost or accidentally trashed...............
That is crazy!! Just a representation of the carelessness that led to all this. Well, I'll cherish my Tesoros even more, now.

Truly sad. Such a fine example of a small business. They supported a lot of employees over the decades. Jack Gifford and the boys certainly deserve the respect from the metal detecting community!

Bulletman

Shalom

ken ward said:
Now I wonder if the price of some of them will go up or drop out of the bucket...

Short term, prices on at least the higher demand models will probably go up.

As you can see from numerous posts, a lot of former users still remember their departed Tesoro detectors fondly. A simpler time with simpler detectors. Don't discount the nostalgia factor. Or the natural human tendency to not miss the water til the well runs dry.

Longer term, I would guess the value of most Tesoros will continue going down just like old detectors typically do.

I am not surprised. Too many years in retail I guess. First they changed the "Lifetime Warranty" on the machine and limited it to the original owner. Then they quit sponsoring the forums. Both of those moves were because the company was in financial trouble. Even if another company purchases the ashes of the company the lifetime warranty is dead and gone because no purchaser would want that kind of financial responsibility.

Buzz on the street is that Tesoro is still open, and still repairing detectors. Someone on a Tesoro Facebook group just got their repaired detector back.

Tesoro would be a smooth transition for Garrett.. the digital technologies aren’t that far apart. Tesoro TDI screen improvements would save them. They could also make a light dry land pulse detector for gold prospecting, that would get some sales. They need to revamp their research and development team, be more corporate type and less family oriented.

I’ve unfortunately have been part of a company shutdown before. Mass lay-off is the first step. They will keep a skeleton crew (basically 1 shift) on for 6-12 months to finish the existing contracts with suppliers and fix up the building to sell. Then it’s lock the doors if they can’t sell the brand or building to a competitor. There are people out there that buy out existing contracts and rent the building from the owner only to make a quick dollar before closing. So, even if it gets a new owner it doesn’t mean it is saved. The way I see it. If the employer wasn’t closing it’s doors then they would have no problem telling their employees. In cases like this no news is almost always bad news.