Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Confirmation from Tesoro

Elton

I spoke with a Tesoro Representative in Arizona.

He confirmed a mass layoff of employees effective today 10/04/18.

That is all they want to confirm at this time.

I wonder what this will mean for warranty work and the company as a whole?

Biloxi Dirt Detective said:
I wonder what this will mean for warranty work and the company as a whole?

It means the lifetime warranty is poof...gone with the wind and I can't see them fixing anything in the future if they have no employees.
Think CompUSA, HiFi Buys, HH Greg or a hundred other retailers that had in store warranties...what are they doing for their customers now?
Those were the resellers, do you think when the manufacturer goes down and gets rid of their employees things would be any different?
In my experience when a company suddenly dumps their employees with no warning that is usually not the first step into a very bright future.

There are some in this country that mod Tesoros aftermarket and I assume at least one or two entrepreneurs might take up the slack and repair Tesoros as long as parts are available but they sure won't do it for free.

Perhaps, they are re-structuring and will eventually try to kick it back in or they sold out to some other major investor, (hopefully not overseas) and they brought in their own employees.
Just a thought! But yet, still concerned about the life-time warranty!

Very sad to hear this news... I've become a big fan of Tesoro machines over the past year or so.

-Ken

I have a cibola and never registered it, because time just passed and now this!! Well, that's what happens when one procrastinates.

I don't think it matters now. Lifetime warranty turns out to be the lifetime of the Tesoro company, not yours.

I just got a new Tejon, like yesterday. I feel bad for all the employees that were let go. Very sad. I suppose I should get the 5.75 concentric I was planning on now!

Don't want to jinx myself but, I don't know about the other Tesoro models but I've never had any trouble with the Compardre I hunted (5 yrs) and now the Mojave (2 yrs) Not one issue. Lots of hrs.
All machines are the same (autos especially) The more bells & whistles , more chance of something breaking down.

Sad. I felt the dropping of the Golden had a far more damaging effect than the other controversies. Going on a hunt with my Royal Sabre in their memory.

I think all of us old die hards will miss Tesoro. I been using them since they came out with the Amigo. Tried other detectors, kept going back to the Tesoro. I have some old ones and some new ones.
Now I wonder if the price of some of them will go up or drop out of the bucket... Sorry for all the emploies that lost their jobs...

I keep a 6" Concentric mounted on all three of my Tesoro's because I generally use them in dense iron debris sites, or in urban applications I work close to metal structures [size=small](tot-lots and bleachers)[/size] and close to chain-link and other metal fences. A good-working Tesoro with a 6" or 7" Concentric coil makes a great grab-and-hunt set-up. I know as I have been a devoted Tesoro used for over 35 years, and using 6" or 7" Concentric coils 95%-98% of the time.

I keep a stock 8" and an extra 'back-up' 6" Concentric in my Accessory Coil Tote so I do have a larger-size coil option for those rare times I want to use one.

Monte

I was about to thin out my herd of coils and sell one, but after this I think I’ll keep whatever I have. I recently heard talks of a couple new additions to the Tesoro line. Was this a smokescreen or did this layoff take everyone by surprise?

I saw it on facebook from a Tesoro group. I thought they were joking! I wonder if Rusty retiring had anything to do with it?

Do you think the classics like the Bandido II Umax, and the SIlver Sabre Umax will go up in value?

We've all assumed that the layoff was due to poor sales, but what if it was some other reason. Could have been a labor dispute - maybe a supplier went broke and shut them down temporarily - who knows. Anyone in the know?

Could really be unfortunate for any dealers who still have inventory of new units if lifetime warranty is in question...

Sad....would have liked them to have come out with another machine....

No direct knowledge here of anything related to tesoro.....but just in general when this happens all of the sudden with any company it's all she wrote....and the warranty ain't worth the paper its printed on.
Hate to see it though...