Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:confused: Already have a fors relic and racer 2. Do I need the impact?

Stoof-tabsallday

Title speaks for itself.
I've heard the impact is like many machines rolled into one. 14 khz it matches the racer/fors core and at 20 khz it matches the fors relic.
But since I own the racer 2 and the fors relic already, is there much I'm missing without the impact, honestly?

The gen(d) mode and di99 sound interesting, but what more do I really gain?

P.s. if I didn't already own these two I definitely see the us in having the impact.
Just looking for some honest opinions. Preferably from those who do/have owned both those units.

Thanks again gents.
And here I was thinking my acquisition​ problem was over....

The "problem" is never over!:crazy:
The Impact is all of those machines rolled in to one and then some IMO. The audio is different (better) and it is more versatile ....with the push of a button you have a different machine. Go for it! Welcome to the madness!!

Dean

P.S. - They are introducing more coils for the Impact as well. My Relic has become my back up unit. That right there should tell you something! You know I love my Relic!!

What new coils are they introducing/coming out with for the Impact?
dbado1 said:
The Impact is all of those machines rolled in to one and then some IMO. The audio is different (better) and it is more versatile ....with the push of a button you have a different machine. Go for it! Welcome to the madness!!

Dean

P.S. - They are introducing more coils for the Impact as well. My Relic has become my back up unit. That right there should tell you something! You know I love my Relic!!

D&P-OR said:
What new coils are they introducing/coming out with for the Impact?
dbado1 said:

Dean

As far as what I've heard they have a 5.5x10 equivalent coming out and in a while (have alot to keep up with with the impact backorders and current coil lineup) a coil similar to the 5" that the racer and fors series has

Yep. 9.5x5" and a 5" round. They recently introduced the large one as well something like 13"x9" I think.

Dean

I feel the impact is their whole line plus some and the three freq in one machine....I would say you have to have it maybe keep one and sell one...as a backup?

I think you're covered very well, don't see a need for an Impact. You have a better coil selection with the machines you have especially with the Racer 2 and the selection of NEL coils you can get for it. But unless you want one because it is new and a bit different, then go for it. Until they get a small 5" or "oor" coil for the Impact, not much interest here.

Thanks all.
Figured I'd get answers both ways.
First, lowboy, I can't just sell one to buy another. Both have proved their worth to me and contrary to popular belief on reviews, one in the hand is better than 2 in the bush. Valid point for sure on your part, but getting the impact wouldn't automatically cause me to sell one.
I can definitely see your point though.

Gregg, that's the theory I've been holding onto thus far. Yeas I need both machines to cover 2 of the 3 frequencies the impact offers, but I use both the racer2 and relic for different things. That voice in my head is screaming to get it but I agree that it's more of a "having the newest" type thing. I would have loved to have been able to review one to keep haha. But it's a hefty price (I'm sure it's worth more than the price) and seems like if have diminishing returns for the investment with my current selection of machines.

Man, if I didn't own either of the two and was buying now, I'd probably go with the impact for all the features and options. Lol. But how was I to know.

Thanks for the answers so far!! I value all you guys' opinions

Stoof-tabsallday said:
Thanks all.
Figured I'd get answers both ways.
First, lowboy, I can't just sell one to buy another. Both have proved their worth to me and contrary to popular belief on reviews, one in the hand is better than 2 in the bush. Valid point for sure on your part, but getting the impact wouldn't automatically cause me to sell one.
I can definitely see your point though.

Gregg, that's the theory I've been holding onto thus far. Yeas I need both machines to cover 2 of the 3 frequencies the impact offers, but I use both the racer2 and relic for different things. That voice in my head is screaming to get it but I agree that it's more of a "having the newest" type thing. I would have loved to have been able to review one to keep haha. But it's a hefty price (I'm sure it's worth more than the price) and seems like if have diminishing returns for the investment with my current selection of machines.

Man, if I didn't own either of the two and was buying now, I'd probably go with the impact for all the features and options. Lol. But how was I to know.

Thanks for the answers so far!! I value all you guys' opinions

I'm in the same boat Stefan,
I've had my Relic for a while,I have the 2 coils plus the 5.5x10, and I just got my Racer with the stock, and 5.5x10 coil. If I didn't have these 2 I'd get the Impact too. It's a hard decision

Not to mention I was able to pick up the 5.5x10 concentric for the relic. It's a fors gold + coil but same frequency so it works on the relic.
Haven't gotten much past the bench testing on it but I'm hopeful for it because I prefer concentric on my tesoros.
Time will tell but I have much invested in these 2 machines.
Aside from that concentric you got the same goils for you 2 lol. They perform great!!

I like the 5.5x10 Concentric on my Relic a lot. I love how easy it pinpoints, much easier then the DD. It still goes pretty deep also. It's the coil I use on the Sand Volleyball courts, and in the bushes and shrubs.

Yeah I like it so far too.

The 5x10 DD works great on the Racer2 (would love to have that coil on the Impact!).

The Racer2 is a great detector in my humble opinion, it's deep, it's fast, world class unmasking, wide array of factory and aftermarket coils, advanced features like adjustable iron audio, adjustable audio tones, adjustable tone break, ground tracking, very functional salt water beach mode, etc.

I bought my R2 when they were initially released and it's paid for itself several times over (2016 was a good detecting year for me with the Racer2). That said, the biggest additional feature I wished the R2 had, was adjustable frequencies. For a few reasons, there are places I hunt EMI infested so bad most detectors struggle, even if operator doesn't realize it. Ability to do a major frequency jump, not a minute frequency "shift", opens up new opportunities.

Ground conditions can make a huge difference in which operating frequency will be optimal. I had a site that gave my R2 and F75 LTD2 fits, alkali soil was the culprit, and lower to mid frequency machines had fits, severely limiting depth and wasting time chasing ghost signals. When I switched to 20Khz with the 7.5" x 4" on it ran smooth.

So while the Racer2 is a very capable machine, the Impact expands upon those capabilities, offering new tools to combat every conceivable hunting environment and detecting conditions with it's expanded and enhanced feature set.

Well nokta posted on another forum they will have the 9.5x5 elliptical shipping to the dealer's soon so you will get your wish!!

Stefan,
Did you read Keith Southern's new post on the Impact at Tom Dankowski's site? It may just push you over the edge.

Dean

No I didn't.
I don't know ow what his sight is.

Ok I looked but didn't see the thread. I got to page 3 of it.
I'll have to look deeper I guess.
ThanKS for the heads up!!