Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Considering a Legend and wanting some feed back from those that have used them

First off, the balance and it's amazing how much easier it is to swing. Also, I get coins at 6" without much problem, i.e. good signal. Today I hunted and concentrated on the mid tones; 20~25 VDI. I dug the most Nickels I've ever dug on a hour hunt; got 9. I usually don't get one. Of course I dug the high tones as well, but I concentrated on the mid tones. I really like this machine. Now to sell my Nox
6” has great balance and seems to have great depth from what everyone says.
Im sure the 5.5x9 will be great also but not sure if you would benefit any more if you already have the 6”
I think it would be more of another alternative to the 6”

6” has great balance and seems to have great depth from what everyone says.
Im sure the 5.5x9 will be great also but not sure if you would benefit any more if you already have the 6”
I think it would be more of another alternative to the 6”
It will let you cover 1/3 more ground per swing while retaining pretty much the same level of target separation. I love SP28 on my Simplex, can't wait to get LG28 for the Legend (when they finally release it).
IMO, the only advantages a round 6" DD has over 5x9 DD are:
  • It's a bit more maneuverable in extremely tight spots
  • Slightly less prone to extreme EMI
  • Can be used while fully collapsed (hence the hinge placement on the edge) without "seeing" the middle shaft
  • Does slightly better in extreme trash
  • Slightly better resolution on tiny low conductors
  • Will let you get about 1" closer to large metallic obstacles (such as fences and posts) without overloading
  • Looks cute.
Am I missing anything?

It will let you cover 1/3 more ground per swing while retaining pretty much the same level of target separation. I love SP28 on my Simplex, can't wait to get LG28 for the Legend (when they finally release it).
  • Can be used while fully collapsed (hence the hinge placement on the edge) without "seeing" the middle shaft
  • Will let you get about 1" closer to large metallic obstacles (such as fences and posts) without overloading
  • Looks cute.
Am I missing anything?
1/3 more coverage than on 6” is only 2” more on the length part and you still lose 1/2” on the width. Not really anything to write home about.
As opposed going to 11” is 5” more coverage all around.
Thats why i think more of an alternative.
I don’t know that the separation would be any better, i would think it would be better on the 6” if anything. And as you also said be able to get in closer as well.
My point if you already have the 6” not so sure it would be worth while to get the 5.5x9 but if you don’t you could choose either one based on preference.

• Looks cute.
Am I missing anything?
So your saying the only advantage is you can cover 2 more inches of ground only going forward…

So your saying the only advantage is you can cover 2 more inches of ground only going forward…
Lessay we're covering 100' in a straight line, overlapping 1" for shallow(ish) targets. With a 6" coil, we're covering the distance in 1200/5 = 240 swings. With 9x5 it would be 1200/8 = 150 swings, so 90 swings less per 100'. By the end of the day, it adds up to a lot more time and energy savings. And they weight about the same.
I love SP28 on my Simplex, can't wait to get LG28 for the Legend (when they finally release it).
By the way, I was referring to SP24 and LG24 respectively (9x5). Late night brain fart, it happens.

Hi Rick,
After hunting myself for years with a few variations of the Soveriegn, it’s hard to purchase ANY new detector to compare to it, and especially it’s tones and nuances…..Minelab itself went to the Etrac and later to the Equinox….To me, with all the features and all the included extra’s, the Legend is more like the light weight Etrac that we all wanted…It is however a work in progress…It still has a few quirks, but it gets better with every upgrade….Upgrading though is painful 😓…If you don’t have all your ducks in a row, and you are short on patience, this can really beat you up !…It is worth the trouble in the end !…..I hunt as much at the beach as I do in the dirt….This was my reasoning for the Legend purchase…I can see myself learning the Legend, and keeping it around for quite awhile….I do still have an old Soveriegn though…Old habits are hard to break !….Jim

PS….The weight is a lot lighter than the Sovereign or the Etrac

Hi Rick,
After hunting myself for years with a few variations of the Soveriegn, it’s hard to purchase ANY new detector to compare to it, and especially it’s tones and nuances…..Minelab itself went to the Etrac and later to the Equinox….To me, with all the features and all the included extra’s, the Legend is more like the light weight Etrac that we all wanted…It is however a work in progress…It still has a few quirks, but it gets better with every upgrade….Upgrading though is painful 😓…If you don’t have all your ducks in a row, and you are short on patience, this can really beat you up !…It is worth the trouble in the end !…..I hunt as much at the beach as I do in the dirt….This was my reasoning for the Legend purchase…I can see myself learning the Legend, and keeping it around for quite awhile….I do still have an old Soveriegn though…Old habits are hard to break !….Jim

Loved my sovereign gt and excalliber II the legend seems a lighter close combination of the two.

You just said it was good enough for your hunting.
I don’t know what else you want other than a custom made detector.
There is no perfect detector and perfect would 100 different detectors out of 100 people. They cant make 500 different models as everyone wants something different in their detector as they see fit
The legend seems to fit the bill really good for most imo

What's your problem, bub? I said it was good enough that I sold my old (much more expensive) detector. I'm allowed to have a wish list of extras to make it even better. You don't need to have coronary just because I didn't say the dector is flawless in every way.

We’re all in this together…..Everyone has different needs and wants….Some like myself, will try to push the envelope….others are more complacent and happy with things the way they are….What’s good for me might not be good for you…..Nobody is right, and nobody is wrong….I think that we are fortunate to have a company like Nokta Macro that actually listens to it’s user base…..and the Legend continues to develop into a top contender in the field….

We’re all in this together…..Everyone has different needs and wants….Some like myself, will try to push the envelope….others are more complacent and happy with things the way they are….What’s good for me might not be good for you…..Nobody is right, and nobody is wrong….I think that we are fortunate to have a company like Nokta Macro that actually listens to it’s user base…..and the Legend continues to develop into a top contender in the field….
Yeah im more complacent only because used to simple analog detectors and dig just about everything so as long as its light has the right frequencies for my hunting style im good to go.
I get it everyone has different needs and wants for whatever makes them happy.
Sometimes just try to understand why someone prefers certain things over other things. Not putting anyone down for their preferences

Hi Rick,

Love my Sovereign GT. Bagged the box. Just swing the coil an shaft. Very light. Still have yours ?

Love my Sovereign GT. Bagged the box. Just swing the coil an shaft. Very light. Still have yours ?
I have my early model xs with the honkin old coinsearch coil…..can’t part with it !…..and also an sx2 pro model with 2 coils and everything that it came with when it was new…I’ll probably sell the newer sx2 pro and kit, but the early one stays right next to my Etrac…The Etrac might go up for sale too when I settle in on the Legend if the iron bias ever gets ironed out..and yes, I do bag the Soveriegn

I have my early model xs with the honkin old coinsearch coil…..can’t part with it !…..and also an sx2 pro model with 2 coils and everything that it came with when it was new…I’ll probably sell the newer sx2 pro and kit, but the early one stays right next to my Etrac…The Etrac might go up for sale too when I settle in on the Legend if the iron bias ever gets ironed out..and yes, I do bag the Soveriegn
Watch some of Paystreak Superfreak's videos on Utube; he has all the detectors you have plus both Deus and Deus 2 as well as the Legend.