Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Considering purchasing a Vx3

nathanya

I know someone who is selling their whites VX3 metal detector for $800. I am really interested in buying it but i am not sure if it is the right choice for the amount of money. Please any suggestions about this metal detector or purchasing a different one similar to a VX3 would be great.

nathanya said:
I know someone who is selling their whites VX3 metal detector for $800. I am really interested in buying it but i am not sure if it is the right choice for the amount of money. Please any suggestions about this metal detector or purchasing a different one similar to a VX3 would be great.

I am not sure what you are asking, but if you are asking if $800 is a fair price for a used Vx3 I would say yes, if it is in good condition. The fact that you are asking tells me that you have not read up much on detectors in that price range. That would be my recommendation before deciding if it is the right detector for you.

The majority of the users in this forum are partial to the V3i and VX3.

Yes I have read up a lot on metal detectors in that price range. I guess what I am really asking is for people to give me their own reviews of the metal detector and how it works.

used an xlt for three years and bought the vx3 when it first came out and have not looked back or had the urge too. it is a very sensative machine and will pick of the smallest targets at good depth. i have a found few coins on edge around four to six inches that i don't think i would have gotten with my xlt. with what i know now i would not be afraid to buy the machine that your looking at for 800.00 as long as it is in good shape. good luck

You haven't given near enough about yourself, experience, and type of hunting you plan to do. I would never base my purchase of a detector on opinions given on a forum. Asking this question on this forum would get you a biased review. What would you think a VX3 or V3i user would say? Of course this is only my poor and humble opinion.

Ya I get what you are trying to say. I am looking to do a variety of different searching with a metal detector and I have had experience using the whites coin master but it just isn't as accurate as I would like and I want to upgrade to a better one.

You've only made 26 posts on Findmall Forums here and that's not enough for me to know how much experience you've had or what detector models you own or have owned. Not just that, but to know the types of sites you prefer to hunt, and what you're going after. Rob (Il) just added that info as well. Also, I have more than one detector in my personal arsenal as do many/most avid detectorists. The VX3 is a very good detector, but a different model might actually be better for you .... BUT, we need to know more about you, your hunting types and sites, and your detecting knowledge and experience.

I have a few detectors in my personal arsenal. For almost 20 yeas now ([size=small]since the spring of '94 until mid-April of 2012[/size]), I have made sure an XLT was part of my detector battery as much as I could, having owned 22 of them during that time. I learned it, liked it, then might sell or trade one so I could experiment with some new detector on the market. Quickly, I found that the XLT had a place in my detector line-up as a 'cruising unit' for hunting more open areas such as large grassy parks.

I will tell you than I have relied on two other White's models a lot the past few years, the MXT's and M6, for the bulk of my detecting, but have setting in and have the MXT Pro w/6

yes I know i havn't mentioned much about my experience or my location. I live in CT and the soil here is very minerlized and sometimes gives me problems with using my detector. I moslty search in the woods and around parks, however i do plan on bringing my new metal detector to the ocean to do some searching. I have not been metal detecting that long maybe only two years now. I want to get more serious in the hobby and that is why i am looking for a higher quality detector now.

I have been doing alot of reading on the VX3.
I have not used one, but I believe from all the data I collected that it should be a VERY capable unit.
The M6 and MXT PRO are very good detectors from what I have read and heard.
The M6 and MXT PRO use only one frequency, whereas the VX3 uses 3.
Not to mention the processor appears to be lightning fast on the VX3.
It has auto-ground balance as well, and you can employ a variety of search coils.
Has a tweakable digital interface. :thumbup:
I am sure the display is a pleasure and very fun to use.
If I had the money for an MXT PRO, I think I would just take the leap up to a VX3.
I would love to take one for a test drive.
Here is the mfr. website : http://whiteselectronics.com/vx3.html

keeps us posted on how you like the machine. we all feed off of each others info good bad or ugly. thanks.

I think the point here is that he is looking for useful, helpful, productive, positive, encouraging; practical, valuable, profitable, and worthwhile information not magniloquence.

I just purchased the VX3.
New to the hobby and new to the VX3.

I am liking you Monte....a lot..!
Thank you for helping us all

I don't know who you are trying to impress with your first post with us Johnny but I have not read a response to his question that was magniloquence. Your writing style reminds me of someone on here that was recently booted off of Finds.

Magniloquence synonyms: bluster, brag, braggadocio, bull, cockalorum, fanfaronade, gas, gasconade, grandiloquence, hot air, bombast, rant, rodomontade (also rhodomontade)

ya sorry I didnt mean to agree with Johnny when he said your comments were Magniloquence, i wasnt completely sure what it meant

Not trying to impress anyone

I felt your original comments were critical and unproductive.

We are here just looking for help and experienced advice.

magniloquence = language with little meaning.
ORIGIN mid 17th cent.: from Latin magniloquus ( from magnus