Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Considering purchasing a Vx3

I am sorry Nathanya.

I am here, like yourself to find some answers and get some advice.

Don't think we deserved the criticism and I do apologize to you for being defensive and oversensitive.

I just purchased a VX3, did a lot of research and went to the factory here in Oregon and looked at several.

You can call the factory (Whites) and ask for Mary.
She is very, very helpful and knows more about their models and the features than any other source that I have found so far.

? said:
I don't know who you are trying to impress with your first post with us Johnny but I have not read a response to his question that was magniloquence.
Your writing style reminds me of someone on here that was recently booted off of Finds.

Magniloquence synonyms: bluster, brag, braggadocio, bull, cockalorum, fanfaronade, gas, gasconade, grandiloquence, hot air, bombast, rant, rodomontade (also rhodomontade)

I was just responding to:
You haven't given near enough about yourself, experience, and type of hunting you plan to do.
I would never base my purchase of a detector on opinions given on a forum.
Asking this question on this forum would get you a biased review.
What would you think a VX3 or V3i user would say?
Of course this is only my poor and humble opinion.

Not trying to impress anyone

those comments are, in my humble opinion, unproductive. (I would never base my purchase of a detector on opinions given on a forum. )

We are here just looking for help and experienced advice.

magniloquence = language with little meaning.
ORIGIN mid 17th cent.: from Latin magniloquus ( from magnus great + -loquus -speaking ) + -ent .

I guess certain people don't want useful advice. If you don't have peoples information and experience then it isn't really that useful. Also unless you know the experience of who is giving advice maybe buying a detector on their advice might not be a good idea.

Yes I completely agree with you I want people's advice who do have experience an knowledge about metal detectors.

You will enjoy your detector and your price was good.

I am very happy with the choice that I made to purchase the VX3.

Been waiting for the rechargeable battery packs to go on sale.

Also would like to get one of the other coils for trashy areas.
Not sure what size I want, or need.

I went with a wired headset as the wire is not a problem for me.

I just got my vx3 today and tried it out. Let's just say there is a lot of functions I have to learn about after using the coin master. I used relic mode and looked through my yard and didn't find to much yet some pennies and a long steel rod.

tin foil and nails

I am going to bury a few quarters and mess with the threshold setting.
There is a ton of real cool stuff on there for sure

ya that is around what I set it at. i found some change today, and some sort of button i am not sure if it is old or not?

Since peoples hearing, headphones and outside noise environment is different, you set the threshold volume so you can barely hear it.