Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Constant chatter & interferance...HELP!

Aaron

I am having big trouble with using my V3 in alot of areas. For example, I cannot turn it on around my house or anywhere around houses. I have used it downtown in the inner city, sometimes it works, other times not at all. I have a park right down the street and it works fine there. Tried using it at my parents house around a mile away, same intererence. I did get a 5 x 7 Accelerator elipticle coil, and brought that downtown and it worked pretty good. Maybe the stock DD coil is too sensitive? Maybe the detector is picking up wireless routers? Today I brought it to my favorite spot downtown and it would not shut up, had to turn the gain down to 3 and it still was giving me problems. I had to resort to using my backup detector. I have even tried the salt mode and doesnt work either.

Thanks guys!

The 10" DD coil can be a big problem. EMI and trash will kill you. I have to turn RX and DS down to where it will not pick up a coin on top of the ground consistently. I've had 2 of them and if you flick the coil with your finger you will get a signal. I received the 950 from Whites yesterday and got to try it in my yard today. What a difference it made in the noise issues. I'm going to work it hard tomorrow.

Hello!

I am a total newby with the V3 as well.

I called Whites on Friday and was told that the 950 is said to run more stable.
I opted to get the Eclipse 5.3 with that coupon deal and should have that on Monday.

Whites also told me that all of their coils have been tuned to work with the V3.

Today was my first day out with the machine. It was noisy and I am working the
coin and jewerly mode.

Happy Hunting!
Larry

chasia said:
The 10" DD coil can be a big problem. EMI and trash will kill you. I have to turn RX and DS down to where it will not pick up a coin on top of the ground consistently. I've had 2 of them and if you flick the coil with your finger you will get a signal. I received the 950 from Whites yesterday and got to try it in my yard today. What a difference it made in the noise issues. I'm going to work it hard tomorrow.

I've got a 950 on the way from that Whites offer as well. I'm hoping that helps.
Thanks

I've tried the frequency offset, that didnt help. I didnt try the other stuff you mentioned, (correlate,wired headphones,single freq). I know how to adjust for the single frequency, but not correlate & wired headphones.
Please advise.
Thank you!

Correlate is a 3 frequency only mode. So will only work for 3 frequency, or salt. Scroll over to your transmit frequency live control and use the up arrow (or enter - something to maximize your control). Scroll up to select three frequency. In the column next to the frequency selection, you should see options to select best data, or correlate. Right arrow to the column, down arrow to correlate. You should be in correlate mode.

There is a headphone jack on the top of the battery box where you can plug in wired headphones. I don't expect the wired headphones to change anything, but there have been a couple people that seem to have problems with the wireless in these areas, so worth trying. The detector will ping for wireless headphones if they are enabled, so you probably should disable them too for the complete test. Scroll to your audio level/tone live control, press zoom, scroll down to the wireless headphone option, press enter, press enter again to disable the headphones.

Aaron said:
I've got a 950 on the way from that Whites offer as well. I'm hoping that helps.

Thanks

I got to hunt with the 950 about a hour between rains. Found 1 new dime, 1 new penny, 2- 22 caliber leads and 1 Indian head penny. The 950 ran very stable and was getting decent separation. The IH was about 7" and close to trash. Compared to the 10" DD you will like the 950.

I hunted with the D2 again for the second day and it's busy!! busy!!
Lots of noise however it's finding junk deep.

Pulled out scrap iron pieces today and that's about all.

Tomorrow I should have the Eclipse 5.3 and will try that out.
It's tuned for the V3. I will let you know how that works,

Happy Hunting!

I've got both the 950 and D2 both run smooth for me and I'm running RX10 and sensitivity between 90 - 95 no trouble. I haven't been close to high lines but regular power lines don't seem to bother either. Use the one that works best for you and get some good fines. Rob

rcasio44 said:
I've got both the 950 and D2 both run smooth for me and I'm running RX10 and sensitivity between 90 - 95 no trouble. I haven't been close to high lines but regular power lines don't seem to bother either. Use the one that works best for you and get some good fines. Rob

Rob
If you flick the d2 with your finger do you get a false?

No I don't. Chasia. If I didn't look I wouldn't know if I had the D2 or 9.5 on. The 9.5 is great coil don't let anyone tell you different. I like the coverage I get with the D2. I don't have to worry to overlap as much. I'm planning on using the 9.5 at the beach. I always wished the 9.5 mounted in the center like the D2 or 5.3. Rob

Turn the lower rod around 180 degrees Rob so most of the weight is on the inside of the mounting point. It will make world of a difference on the balance and will not hurt performance.

Thanks Larry it's not a problem for me. I don't get bothered by it, it was just one of those ideas I dream sometimes. Rob

rcasio44 said:
No I don't. Chasia. If I didn't look I wouldn't know if I had the D2 or 9.5 on. The 9.5 is great coil don't let anyone tell you different. I like the coverage I get with the D2. I don't have to worry to overlap as much. I'm planning on using the 9.5 at the beach. I always wished the 9.5 mounted in the center like the D2 or 5.3. Rob

Why so much variance, machine to machine and coil to coil? It can't all be operator error. A few minor adjustments to a factory program should give anyone a stable MD with good depth and a limited amount of false signals. As I stated earlier, both of the DD coils I tried false regardless of my Rx, Ds, frequency and etc. Whites service people are so good I almost feel guilty complaining.

I don't think there is that much trouble with the machines and I don't think they vary that much. There was a big issue made about the upgrades but some people have not even had theirs upgraded because they didn't effect the performance. I'm not saying defective V's didn't make it out Sweet Home but really the percentage was low. The other 2 V forums I frequent have almost no complaints of the V. Taterhead's post was the only one I remember reading and they exchanged his and his buddies and theirs seem to fine. His had a depth problem I don't remember the exact way it acted. Another guy had a problem with grounding and his problem has been resolved. Check out the other forums and do a search for v problems. If you detector has a problem though I can see why you would be upset.

Now there was a problem with the D2 coils, which was supposed to be taken care of. I remember my first one was sensitive to EMI. First though let me say the D2 is one sensitive coil on the V3. I can set if to Rx 4 and can't get 2.5 feet from the big playground posts. I usually run my RX in the 10 range but it runs higher. Your coil should run at a setting of 15 in the air without going into overload. I didn't mean it would give a suggested reading of 15 and I didn't say to have TX boost on. Also guys have opted to use the 9.5 on the beach over the D2.

You stated the 9.5 is working which means it wasn't the detector. I suggest you check your coil. I got one of the early bad coils and I had Larry exchange it. What we didn't realize was the 2nd coil Larry had came from the same batch. Carl send me the new one and the coil runs super. I run my D2 on my V most of the time. Rob

I had already sent my first one back to Kellyco. because it was making so much noise. This one is working alot better but still I cannot get anywhere near any houses. I can only use my V3 in wide open areas like parks. Like for example today, my buddy and I found a old high school with all kinds of big playing fields, the houses were way far off, and not a single problem with interference. I even was using the Deep Silver program without even having to lower the gain, and thats the first time I've been able to do that. I just don't understand why know one else is having this problem except me. My buddy seems to think it has something to do with wireless routers.

The one thing about EMI Aaron, none of it is created equal. One thing to be sure and do is to rule out the source being from headphones as a component of the chatter. I am getting mine to work in EMI situations most of the time but not all.

I have had the detector running with and without the headphones and I still have the same problem. Thanks for the suggestion though.:)

I don't know what to tell you Aaron. I've hunted with eight guys now with V3's in various sites and cities this year. No one has had a problem except for some bad coils. So far no bad V's. I was invited to two weekend club hunts. There were a good number of V's in attendance and there were no problems or complaints. Are you sure you have a good coil? You said an Excelerator coil worked. I used Excelerator coils on my MXT and they were sensitive to EMI. So if it worked with the other coil I don't think it is the detector.

I was hunting with Larry around some high tension lines. I had my first D2 and he had the 9.5 coil. Mine was acting up and his was fine. There is nothing wrong with my detector that a replacement coil didn't fix.

Rob