Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Continues to Amaze

captnkirk

The more I use the Legend the more I like it's feel and sounds, not to mention the finds.
I hunted at my local Park yesterday and found ~ a dozen coins. Nothing remarkable about that except that 4 of the targets were "weak" sounding and VDI said they were 5~6" deep. I was running 27 sensitivity, Park, 15Khz and 60 tones. Separation was spectacular and mulltiple tones were heard at all targets. Each deep target was a Wheat Cent; no special dates (2) were 1942D; (1) was 1944D and the other didn't have a readable date.
Here's a pic of the one without a date. So, it appears I've located the position of the "Shooting Gallery" from the early to mid 1900's. Pretty harsh clay soil, but we just had 1.5" of rain over a couple of days and the ground is soaked; makes a big difference in detecting depth. Also in the summer dryer months the ground is like Flint.

Attachments

• penny.jpg
    penny.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Penny2.jpg
    Penny2.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 64
The 15khz is a great frequency to run in most soils for general purposes
Which coil and what depth

6" Coil and the targets were 5~6" deep and faint. I assume the fact that the sound was somewhat muted was due to the other targets surrounding the coin. A small nail and a Beaver tail were also in the plug.

6" Coil and the targets were 5~6" deep and faint. I assume the fact that the sound was somewhat muted was due to the other targets surrounding the coin. A small nail and a Beaver tail were also in the plug.
That 6” coil continues to amaze.
I don’t know who wants to repeatedly dig 12” holes anyway especially in the park. Most park and tot lot finds are going to be <8”
Unless you are on the beach or a big field with very little trash the 6” and 6x9 are fine

I picked up the LG24 but have yet to try it out, I received it on Tuesday and it snowed on us that afternoon so we now have 6 inches of snow on the ground in sunny Arizona now and I am no dang Eskimo LOL
the LG24 does feel nice on the Legend and to me it feels like it balanced the Legend out

I picked up the LG24 but have yet to try it out, I received it on Tuesday and it snowed on us that afternoon so we now have 6 inches of snow on the ground in sunny Arizona now and I am no dang Eskimo LOL
the LG24 does feel nice on the Legend and to me it feels like it balanced the Legend out
Let us know how it works.
We have had record highs, mid 80’s in the coldest weeks of the year. Weather not a problem finding time is lol.

Says they have it.
Shows sold out when i went to site. Just have to wait. The lg15 Is still kicking it.

I used my LG24 last week in a site that is appropriate and was not impressed one way or the other but did enjoy a little more coverage. Then the same arctic weather mentioned above settled in here and I haven't been out again. Tomorrow is another day and another chance to prove it's value is not just ergonomics and efficiency.

I used my LG24 last week in a site that is appropriate and was not impressed one way or the other but did enjoy a little more coverage. Then the same arctic weather mentioned above settled in here and I haven't been out again. Tomorrow is another day and another chance to prove it's value is not just ergonomics and efficiency.
That's the very reason I decided to save $130; Coverage ISN'T a requirement, separation of Targets IS. 6" coil is just the ticket for this 78 year old.

Let us know.
The other thing besides coverage for some might be how it balances as it appears to mount more traditionally where the rod is in the center vs the rear of the coil which takes some getting used to

What's a good price for the LG24?
Check with Richard at Backwoods Detectors
I was able to run sens 30 all day today. My biggest take away is the coverage and balance exceeds the 6" but in all honesty I have always like the 5 x10 size over hockey pucks regardless of the brand or detector. Advancing slowly with the 5 x 10 is really no different than using the 6" and if you want to get with it you can also cover some country.

I’ve been running the 6” in M1-F plus I can run Sens at fill 30 (Threshold just starting to make s hum at 2) and if I start getting into trashy type area I switch to 4khz. Pretty much dig anything clear and solid and avoiding jumpy numbers or 60. This has worked well for me here. This old park has had numerous crafts events, concerts, and just people playing for over a 100 yrs. Its been pretty well hit by everything and everybody but The Legend keeps finding coins no one else could.