Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Control Panel Pops Off From The Grip

I haven't seen anyone else post this issue, if it is an issue. The past few days, I have noticed that the LCD/Control Panel, will pop off when I go to pick the Detector up by the grip. The web of my hand only puts mild pressure on the control panel, at the grip where the Screen attachs. All the screws appear to be in place. Should I be concerned? Obviously, water will get in through there as well. There doesn't seem to be much of anything attaching the control panel to the rest of the detector.

You need to make a call to the Minelab service dept. Never heard of that happening.

Here is a photo. I was very surprised by this. I was out yesterday and it popped off once and for photo purposes a little pressure and ass you can see, it disconnects.

Call Minelab first and talk with Darin see if its a Thick CA Glue fix to save time in shipping. I am pretty sure from your photo that's what they will do. Ya Ya 2500 hundred bucks shouldn't happen but it does.
I have had all brands of detector come over the years and had pieces not get enough glue. For the cost of 7 bucks why waste the time lost hunting that could be thousands in finds!
BCNJ

Think water gets in there anyway....it has a little hole..(in the hand grip....where it touches your palm).. that bubbles come from ....when I put mine in the water.

do I call the North America phone number and will that get me direct to Darin? Thanks all. the issue is getting worse. Jst ssimply swinging the detector will see it pop off now.

Thank you Cosmic. I will have to give him a call tomorrow. I sure hope that I won't have to send it back for a fix. I am on holidayss in two weeks and wanted to hit some beaches. iI have been looking forward to it for weeks and weeks now.

Wel, I phoned customer service and within 30 seconds I had my screen reattached. I guess sometimes, the control panel doesn't snap in and a good stiff thump with the palm of my hand as per customer services directions, and it is now solidly in place! Whew! Here I was worried that I owuld have to send it back.

There you go great service from Minelab nice to know they are up on the little tricks.

Just needed the Fonzie touch ehhhhh

LOL, MCclod, you bet man. I gave it two good thumps and its never worked better :bouncy: