Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

control panel

erjtej

Hi All. Quick question, should the control panel on my CTX come off the stem fairly easily? I can remove it with little effort. Thanks! Earl Johnson.

The part the battery connects to slides onto the shaft with some dovetailed grooves. It has detents to stop it halfway so the control and coil cables can be connected and then it slides forward the rest of the way and locks into place. There is a tab underneath that has to be lifted in order to allow this piece to slide back and forth on the shaft. The part that has the screen on it should not come off without some tools involved (at least its that way on mine).

Pardon me if it seems like I'm explaining something you're already aware of. I'm just not sure which part you're talking about when you say "control panel". I'm assuming that you mean the screen and buttons part. If that's coming off "easily" you should probably send it in for repair.

Anything coming apart that doesn't have latches/or is supposed to always be attached doesn't sound good...moisture could get into where it is not meant to.

Mason Jarr said:
Yeah, that shouldn't be coming off with little effort. Something is wrong.

It shouldn't be coming off period, without some major effort. There are about five small star drives in half
of the molded handle that attach to the control head/panel. I checked mine and they were tight,
but I snugged them up just a bit. You might want to check those out first.

This happen to my BABY last Sunday. I was riding a ATV 4 wheeler in the woods. I caught the control panel on a tree. Snapped the CP right off. Big chunk of plastic broke off. Fortunately the wiring was not broken. I put it back in the handle part and went on to find a 1907 Barber dime. Went to Minelab Monday ( i live about 10 miles away) GOOD THING!!! Jeff (Service Manager) took me under his wing and helped me out of a bad situation!! I agreed to PUT ON A USED PART FOR MY BABY. SHES well again.
This is the BEST detector i have ever owned! Can NOT live with out IT. Plus the service a ML is absolutely GREAT. This is twice I've been there for my CTX. Again Service is great!!
I would call them and ask about your problem. After seeing the handle apart, there is no gasket that i could see or glue to hold it in. If the warranty is up i would put a gob of silicon caulk in the socket and put the CP in. They look very busy up there!!! I was very lucky to get in and out in 15 mins.

How is the control panel held onto the handle? Mine is starting to get loose and would like to tighten it up but don't see any way of doing so. Is it bolted on or snapped in or what?