Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Could be last hunt of the year

Larry (IL)

for me but what a way to finish the year. Another trip back to see my Dad, three months shy of his 90th birthday, he sat outside for a while to watch me hunt, but the 50 degree temps and slight wind was a little too much for him. I braved the elements and was rewarded well for my efforts, a well worn 1876 ,Seated quarter, the third seated I have found on this site, two quarters and a dime. A couple of swings later was the 1899 IH in almost perfect condition less the environmental damage for being in the ground for 100 years. I love the coppers that comes out of this sandy ground, no greenies. :clapping: Two more wheats, 1917 and 1919 was all that was found at this place. After repeatably being hit hard with the V3i, targets are getting hard to find there although I'm sure there are more in real good hiding places. The Seated was 7+ inches and I'm pretty sure it was on edge or nearly so. The signal was real "iffie" yet the 2.5 frequency was dominate which is a "digger" for me. I had a hard time finding it in the hole with my DX-1 and I had to rescan the hole with the V which said the target was still there. More probing found the quarter in the side at the bottom of the hole. YEA, happy dance time. The other two silvers and three wheats came from an older ball diamond we stopped at before leaving town.

[attachment 180056 10-20-10.jpg]

That's great spent time with your dad and got in some hunting too. Couldn't be any better. Nice finds Larry. I like the 1876 Quarter.
Roy

nice larry the bar is set hi for you. we all expect that and you never let us down. Ma ybe you can take me sometime to ur secret spot.

So sad to think another year is coming to an end for many of us. It can be along time until spring.[attachment 180074 ani_einstein.gif]

Very nice Larry. Glad you got to spend some time with your Dad.

I don't let the cold stop me. I keep going until mother nature stops me from digging the frozen earth!

Great finds! Thanks for the picture and the story! Those are memorable hunts!

NebTrac