Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Could somone do me a test with your tesoro please

Leaving the on switch on is just to allow any resident charge from the battery to run out... A day Is beyond excessive... But If it were mine... I'd probably let it set like that for a week... before I put a fresh battery and a different coil on it... just to give it every chance to straighten out with a good coil... It already doesn't work... you got nuthin to loose...
Ok, I understand what you mean...didnt at first but I do now..I took the battery out yesterday and the machine has been on since. New coil should be here this week, supposed to be shipped today... Hope that's the cause, these new tone golden umax machines were a short run and not available if you want one.

Ok, I understand what you mean...didnt at first but I do now..I took the battery out yesterday and the machine has been on since. New coil should be here this week, supposed to be shipped today... Hope that's the cause, these new tone golden umax machines were a short run and not available if you want one.
If the new coil works out... I wouldn't play with puttin the old cracked one back on.... like the guy in your article did... I would not tempt fate... Lol.... Crossing My Fingers For You And Your Golden Umax

I tested the old coil tonight with a multi meter…. coil pins 1&3 and 4&5 are hitting 25 or better conduity on the multi meter, would a faulty coil do that?

That is pretty close to what the 8 inch coil for my Outlaw shows and it works. It proves that the rx and tx coils are continuous, that is, no breaks in the wires.
Im still waiting on my coil in the mail, should be here Tuesday… But, tonight I pulled out the multi meter and did a cross check on pins 1&4 and 3&5.. I got continuity all the way around the board, the receiving pins and transmit pins on this coil have the same continuity together, meaning there’s definitely some type of corrosion or something in there conducting the transmit and receiving wires together if my multi meter shows continuity from between a transmit pin and a receiving pin right?

Last edited:
I got continuity all the way around the board, the receiving pins and transmit pins on this coil have the same continuity together, meaning there’s definitely some type of corrosion or something in there conducting the transmit and receiving wires together if my multi meter shows continuity from between a transmit pin and a receiving pin right?

I got out my meter. Here is the results on 8 inch concentric coil:
pin 2 to all others-open loop
pin 1 to pin 3=23 ohms
pin 1 to pin 4=44 ohms
pin 1 to pin 5=23 ohms

pin 3 to pin 4=23 ohms
pin 3 to pin 5=0 ohms

pin 4 to pin 5=23 ohms

A wiring diagram for the Bandido 2 shows what I think is a transistor in the coil circuit. I believe this would cause the continuity, not corrosion as the coil I used for testing was a coil that works perfectly on all 4 of my 5 pin Tesoro detectors.

Thanks picketwire..I'm baffled tho why a transmit and a receiving would even cross paths to have coninuity.. I looked up a youtube video on this guy who has a oscilloscope and everything else to test metal detectors,, and he used whites coils and showed no continuity from transmit and receiving pins, just showed open when he crossed checked them

See how the above video when he puts the multi meter on the transmit and the receiving pins it says open, no continuity. He also says if you do have continuity between them you have a problem, no matter what brand of coil your testing

All I can say is these are the values I got on my Fluke meter, yes I have continuity between rx and tx, but, yes my coil works with no problem. Maybe when he made the video, there were no electronics in the coils.

Here's a wiring diagram for a Bandido 2
Note in the upper left hand corner Transmit and Receive both go to a common ground.

Note that pin 5 is the ground/shielding and that pin 3 and pin 5 are common (0 ohms) as per my readings above.
Looks to me like his Whites and my Tesoros are wired differently. I can test another Tesoro coil but I am relatively sure they would be the same and it takes quite a bit of time.

Update, got the new coil today, plugged it in and constant fast racing beeps in disc mode just like the original coil did. Does a battery check ok, but ut in disc mode it’s a racing beep beep beep, and in all metal it’s just a continuous tone..gonna return it today.. Three new batteries,new coil and same issue.

Update, got the new coil today, plugged it in and constant fast racing beeps in disc mode just like the original coil did. Does a battery check ok, but ut in disc mode it’s a racing beep beep beep, and in all metal it’s just a continuous tone..gonna return it today.. Three new batteries,new coil and same issue.
Could be a bad sensitivity potentiometer. Good luck.

I'm thinking someone adjusted something inside and messed it up.
Try searching. Golden umax sensitivity adjustment.
Then adjust that pot with it on. Very slowly and gently. Good luck.