Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Could use a little help - New F75 SE LTD Black

ScottTX

I normally use a eTrac or GPX 5000 so I am unfamiliar with the F75. I just purchased a new F75 SE LTD Black (11" and 5" coils).

All the setting were hosed so I did a factory reset. The manual says to hold the Menu button and the Trigger forward while turning on the machine. Then release the two button and trigger when you see the F. OK when the machine came on I saw an 7.E then on releasing button and trigger got LE. Never saw an F! So on the SE model is the F replaced by LE? Whats up with this thing?

The F was on original F75 Yours will read LE when reset.. check the sens see if it is on 60 after a reset.

LE stands for Limited Edition. You have a deep machine. I use mine mostly for hunting relics. Take your time until you have a little experience on your machine. The factory setting will serve you well while learning. Good luck. HH :fisher::minelab::teknetics:

I kinda figured the machine was ok but thought I would ask. After I posted this I put 2 and 2 together and figured it stood for Limited Edition.

I tried it yesterday at the volley ball court I've been searching with the eTrac. The settings were so messed up I did the factory reset. The unit was purchased from a fell that bought it then need the money to start his own business.

Strange thing the skid plate was attached to the coil with silicon. I've never seen that before so I assume he did it. Am I right? The silicon attracts sand and it's not easily removed.

Quote.."Strange thing the skid plate was attached to the coil with silicon. I've never seen that before so I assume he did it. Am I right? The silicon attracts sand and it's not easily removed."

Many place a bead of silicone around the edge of coil cover and the coil. Yes it attracts sand, but it also keep moisture, and small sand and even smaller pieces of metallic particles from getting under the coil cover between your coil and cover...

If you do not use it.. Every so often You will have to empty the coil cover for accurate operation. So all in all, it's a good thing..

After every field trip I clean my equipment. I have also used waterproof tape to seal the gap between the cover and the coil..

I had an experience at DIV where my 11" GPX coil trapped water between the cover and the coil. The grass was very wet. Thats when I found out its better to remove the coil cover, if it's not taped, and clean it and the coil. I prefer the tape to silicone.

I'll tape this one after I manage to clean off all the silicone.

Thanks!

I would be interested in the type tape you use Sir !! Can you Pm me with brand name and where you buy it Thanks

I use Scotch 2242 Linerless Rubber Splicing Tape - for moisture sealing and insulation.

I went to Home Depot and asked them where their display of water proof tape was. I also picked up a tool of Cold Weather Electrical Tape by Scotch. Haven't used it yet. It says its stretchy, conformable vinyl plastic and protects against abrasion, water, solvent splashes and chemicals.

:thumbup: Thanks