Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

couple nice indians and almost hit the big one

A friend of mine i havent seen in a while invited me to his property to hunt.According to the gentleman he bought the propeerty from who was in his 90's 40 years ago told him there was a plantation there in the early 1800's and the main road ran through the property.Th road is now a creek and all the foundations are scattered.It was a very aggrivating day with the low brush getting caught up in my coil but this place has potential.He said there was a ferrior shop there years ago and i found it digging very tiny nail that apparently were used in shoeing the horses.These 2 indians and this large disc that i thought was a dollar but wasnt and thats ok i was still excited and cant wait to get back.So i have a couple of questions, is there any type of cover for the coils to be able to hunt in wooded areas?What should i look for when hunting woods?The second indian is 1873 and when i looked up on internet if it was double liberty in headres could have been a big payoff $6000-$10000.Trust me it doesnt have but my blood was churning once i read that.But i still love this coin and this hobby.Anyone know what this disk is?Thanks charlie and happy hunting
1907 indian
1873 indian
disk says c&lrh

your pics are too small .........the disk appears to be a tag, possibly, something like old baggage tag, hotel tag etc...congrats on the injuns!

I usually try to imagine a woods site as it was when it was in use. It probably wasnt wooded, it was probably cleared out. So I look for the foundations, pathways between the foundations, any signs of roads or paths, the road or path from the site to the nearest main road, and any old large trees such as maple trees, and also if possible where they got water. from what road would people arrive and pay for services. its just not as easy detecting woods as it is detecting a lawn, you really have to watch the coil but youll get used to it. one nice thing about hunting woods is its very peaceful and no one will bother you, very relaxing. i really zone out in the woods. theres probably some largies and some seated back there, good luck!