Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Couple of etrac keepers DURING work with the killer x-8

jdeiana

Work in an old house converted to an office building. Snuck out back for an hour to take a break from mortgage world - and pulled these today. Been over the same area with my pro coil - the x-8 sniffed these out. I love this coil. As a new guy to this (few months) - I got my 3rd Indian head and first Standing Liberty. Indian head is 1881 and in good shape. About 4 inches down. Rang out loud and clear at classic penny numbers. I told my boss (before I dug) - that is a penny about 4 inches down. He was amazed when I pulled out what i said I would. Now he wants a metal detector. The Standing Liberty was a good signal but was at about 7 inches. My deepest old coin yet. Too worn to read the date. Love my etrac.

Now your boss wants one too...better get a raise out of this!!! Congratulations on your first SLQ and that '81 IH. Appreciate you posting the pictures for us!!!

NebTrac

Maybe we should start calling those breaks nooners, if you get my drift.
Great breaak time therapy.
Tin Pan Man

By the way - that Indian was so gunked up it was unreadable out of the ground. After a boiling peroxide bath and some olive oil it came out real nice.

Nice finds. I think it's a '27 SLQ. I think I can see a "7" as the last digit and it cant be a '37 (series didn't go that far) and I don't think it's a '17 since the date was raised high prior to '25, and a coin that worn it probably would not show a date. But after '25 they recessed the date, so a '27 could still have some date left being that worn. I think you said you were from MA? I'm from western MA and we have some great old coins in New England, hard as they are to find. Nice hunt!

My thoughts exactly - I also estimated it to be a 1927 for the exact reasons you said. I can also see the 7. I live in Hopkinton MA. Small old town about 30 miltes west of boston.

jdeiana said:
My thoughts exactly - I also estimated it to be a 1927 for the exact reasons you said. I can also see the 7. I live in Hopkinton MA. Small old town about 30 miltes west of boston.

You are in an area much better than mine for old US silver. Lots of capped bust and some draped bust there, not to mention pine tree shillings. If we get old silver, it's usually Spanish. I'm in a small town too (5500 people) Hampden, ouside of Springfield.