Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Couple of finds from yesterday's Hudson River hunt...

gfatizzi

Managed a 1942 Wheat, knife blade, lead seal and an interesting spoon from the Hotel Pennsylvania (in New York City). I did a little research as I had never heard of it and found out it was built in 1919 and is in the process of currently being demolished. Some wild info about it in Wikapedia. I guess it used to be the largest in New York at one time. As always, had a great time with the ole' Sov! :) HH, George Fatizzi

Attachments

• spoon.jpg
    spoon.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
Nice finds. Wonder what else is there.
Your guess is as good as mine! I've been pounding it HARD now for over 20 years and I'm sure I'm not the only one. The sand bank is really BAD here. It's littered with big iron, coal clinkers and pieces of brick since it is in close proximity to a couple of old brickyards. Depth of detection is a big problem trying to cut through all that stuff but what has always worked best for me is the multi-frequency machines. The Sov XS in auto sensitivity seems to be the key to success and has always been my favorite detector for sites like this. Long live the now defunct Minelab Sovereign! It will always hold a special place in my heart! :)

Your guess is as good as mine! I've been pounding it HARD now for over 20 years and I'm sure I'm not the only one. The sand bank is really BAD here. It's littered with big iron, coal clinkers and pieces of brick since it is in close proximity to a couple of old brickyards. Depth of detection is a big problem trying to cut through all that stuff but what has always worked best for me is the multi-frequency machines. The Sov XS in auto sensitivity seems to be the key to success and has always been my favorite detector for sites like this. Long live the now defunct Minelab Sovereign! It will always hold a special place in my heart! :)
......and Saves in your hand.

Yes I do so love my Sovereign gt.
Quite heavy anymore. I bagged my control box.
Just swing the coil and shaft. I picked up the little Nel Snake coil 3.5"x 6" for it. Seems to run really well. Though I don't have much time on it.
My only issue as I put the bag strap over my kneck and hand it off my left side. Is occasionally the bag gets in the way digging deep.

Attachments

• IMG_20230723_164930.jpg
    IMG_20230723_164930.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 64
Yes I do so love my Sovereign gt.
Quite heavy anymore. I bagged my control box.
Just swing the coil and shaft. I picked up the little Nel Snake coil 3.5"x 6" for it. Seems to run really well. Though I don't have much time on it.
My only issue as I put the bag strap over my kneck and hand it off my left side. Is occasionally the bag gets in the way digging deep.
Nice set-up!

Nice set-up!
Thank You.
Before I became disabled.
It was wonderful.
Best on the iron sand laden beach I love to work.
Running the Legend and Manticore today.
Trying to learn them anyway. 😄
Primarily for weight and waterproof.
Though I'll still get the Beast out on special occasions. MXT too.
First on the ground at new old site's.
Especially on very old site's.
Sadly there's an 1801 homestead I've been trying to work. Got dozed before I could get to it.
Super trashy.
Right next to my service center.
We run cell extenders and external WiFi.
Never had an issue with emi before on the Sov.
It just will not run there. I bought the little Nel coil just for that. Though haven't been able to get back out. That little Nel coil is a new design. And available. Should be awesome in the trash.
And I'll bet it'll really seperate in dense iron.
The Coiltek is also still available Great coil on the Sovereign. I mean Excellent !!

Managed a 1942 Wheat, knife blade, lead seal and an interesting spoon from the Hotel Pennsylvania (in New York City). I did a little research as I had never heard of it and found out it was built in 1919 and is in the process of currently being demolished. Some wild info about it in Wikapedia. I guess it used to be the largest in New York at one time. As always, had a great time with the ole' Sov! :) HH, George Fatizzi
I break out the Sovereign for a hunt and the results surprises my friends, but not me HH Ron from Michigan.