Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Couple of keepers...trade token and button

jughed440

Had a short (1 1/2 hours) hunt today, but it was enough time to recover a trade token and a neat looking button. This token is not listed on the trade token data base site. Any info on it will be much appreciated. No coins to report.
I posted this in the E-Trac forum but decided to post it here also where more vistors may be able to offer info on the trade token.

Very nice !

Really nice finds. The Frederick I came across is "Frederick's Pharmacy" in NY. Nothing like yours. I have a good exonumia library but to more easily find info on the token the state it was found in may help. Though of course it may have been issued elswhere and then dropped where you dug it. Tokens are cool, congrats!
The button looks victorian era...just an estimation. Like a cameo button.
HH - Bruce

Thanks, everyone!!!

Ytcoinshooter said:
Really nice finds. The Frederick I came across is "Frederick's Pharmacy" in NY. Nothing like yours. I have a good exonumia library but to more easily find info on the token the state it was found in may help. Though of course it may have been issued elswhere and then dropped where you dug it. Tokens are cool, congrats!
HH - Bruce

I appreciate the help!!! No way to tell if Frederick is the location or business name. But there is a very small town named Frederick, Illinois. It's roughly 50 miles from here.

jughed440 said:
Thanks, everyone!!!

Ytcoinshooter said:
HH - Bruce

I appreciate the help!!! No way to tell if Frederick is the location or business name. But there is a very small town named Frederick, Illinois. It's roughly 50 miles from here.
You got a tougher one to nail down. Nothing in the three reference books of tokens I checked. I looked on the web for a bit , you said you did. Maybe you should submit a picture to TAMS (token and medal society), maybe they can attribute it...? Good luck finding the story to go with that one.

Ytcoinshooter said:
You got a tougher one to nail down. Nothing in the three reference books of tokens I checked. I looked on the web for a bit , you said you did. Maybe you should submit a picture to TAMS (token and medal society), maybe they can attribute it...? Good luck finding the story to go with that one.

Thanks, 'coinshooter!!
I'll dig through the local historical society archives and business directories. Update will come if I find anything.