Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Couple "Oldies" and a "Goldie"!!

BootyHunter

Got to get out today's the latest cold front was coming in and got a few good find again! I have been blessed this young detecting season. Today I found an old "Good for 100lbs Bran" token from a long gone local mill, came in as a 12-45 on my CTX, got a solid 12-32 at a site I had gotten an Indian Head Cent from last year so I was hoping for another Indian. It was a solid target trace, I dug the plug and to my amazement I had found a small 18k band with what looks like an opal inlay!! Then just a few feet away I got a good 12-11/12-13 repeatable with a good trace, dug the plug and got a nickel sized coin. Thinnest Nickel I ever saw, finally saw outline of liberty head and determined its a V Nickel! Going to try tumbling it soon and see if I can raise a date. Maybe we will have more warm days than cold soon. Good luck and thanks for looking.

Nice gold ring! Wow, 100 pounds of bran would last me a good 3 months.

Rings, especially gold really get my juices flowing.:bouncy: Congrats on a fine hunt.:thumbup:

If you tumble the nickel with 1/4" to 1/2" long bits of solid copper wire, you will get a lot of the porosity off the surface of the coin without abrading it too much. I do this with all my clad - even the moth-eaten zincolns come clean to some extent!

Very Nice!!!!

Really nice and gold is always a welcome sight. Congrats!