Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Couple things I would like to see change on the Equinox

Bill_S

I realize that the metal detector was probably not designed around US coins. The zinc penny usually bounces between two zones the low and high conductor zone. Which makes for two different tones if you are setup like that. It would be nice if they hit a few numbers higher like 23. This way you could set one tone for low conductors and one for higher conductors. There is not a lot ID numbers between a nickel and a zinc penny. Nickels hit at 13 and zinc about 20-21. Corroded zincs will hit lower and 3 ring civil war bullets hit at 19 or lower. This only leaves ID's 14-17 to cover all the aluminum trash targets. The ID is pretty stable so that helps.

I love how you can adjust(volume, range, Pitch) the ranges. I have already set mine up to where the zincs are not a high tone. I thought this machine has Great customization in this area. So you are wanting more increments in between?

Bill_S said:
I realize that the metal detector was probably not designed around US coins. The zinc penny usually bounces between two zones the low and high conductor zone. Which makes for two different tones if you are setup like that. It would be nice if they hit a few numbers higher like 23. This way you could set one tone for low conductors and one for higher conductors. There is not a lot ID numbers between a nickel and a zinc penny. Nickels hit at 13 and zinc about 20-21. Corroded zincs will hit lower and 3 ring civil war bullets hit at 19 or lower. This only leaves ID's 14-17 to cover all the aluminum trash targets. The ID is pretty stable so that helps.

First, Bill it's great to see you back on the scene! Second, you can adjust the tone break to compensate. I also believe you can change the tone as well. So there are a few options there.

First, Bill it's great to see you back on the scene! Second, you can adjust the tone break to compensate. I also believe you can change the tone as well. So there are a few options there.

Thanks. I was thinking you could only change the tone by zone. I will have to read the manual again......;o)

Yeah im not to impressed with how much the vdi scale is compressed, nickel and pulltabs shouldn't be so close in numbers, luckily I do better when i dont pay attention to the vdi and just go off of sound. But still this is going to frustrate me.

Maybe switching to 50 tone would help. I would be a lot closer to etrac type tones that you are used to.

Lots of options to adjust in the Advanced settings..
you can expand the gap in 50 tones or move regions around on 5 Tone, change the pitch and volume of each region..
Here is one example posted on the tube already..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ur0FfDDKUo