Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Couple Vid's

duggr

First Vid is me recovering a Nice 1888 Seated Dime. The second is recovering an 1853 Seated Dime..
The video's have a lot of wind noise but it gets a little better when digging. Have a differant camera mount done
for future vids so future vids will be better...

https://youtu.be/Mx-f-qS1ZvY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDHz4YX-zYY

Congrats and thanks for sharing the video's!! I see that your sensitivity is on auto +3 and running at 28-20! I can understand why your getting those deep silvers now lol!! :thumbup:

Nice finds. I have to do face palm because this reminds me of how many of those signals I walked over several months ago when first learning the CTX.

glenn3-88 said:
I gotta go back over a lot of dirt now......................:ranting:

Why?

duggr said:
glenn3-88 said:

Why?

Because I left some good stuff in the dirt. I noticed in the video that those finds
were deep and by watching the videos it confirmed my suspicions about some
good numbers and sounds I left behind because of the """"small""""red dot in the
center of the target icon. I can't even start to tell you how many I have left behind
in an area where I was digging 9" wheats and buffalos. I now think a lot of these
were good old coins that possibly were standing on edge. I went a few minutes
yesterday and tried the auto +3 option and it did seem to get more depth but the
id was off a bit. The machine was showing a 25 in white and a 13 in green. This
dirt around here usually is not very much mineralized. Usually very neutral. Have
had to ground balance at only one location due to the machine showing a steady
8 or below.

glenn3-88 said:
duggr said:
glenn3-88 said:

Why?

Because I left some good stuff in the dirt. I noticed in the video that those finds
good numbers and sounds I left behind because of the """"small""""red dot in the
center of the target icon. I can't even start to tell you how many I have left behind
in an area where I was digging 9" wheats and buffalos. I now think a lot of these
yesterday and tried the auto +3 option and it did seem to get more depth but the
dirt around here usually is not very much mineralized. Usually very neutral. Have
8 or below.

Glenn
I bet your right about the old coins being on edge and deep! Almost missed that 1853
dime as it had Iron next to it. Keep us informed what happens.

Another video up showing the CTX's response on a Deep Wheatback

duggr said:
glenn3-88 said:
duggr said:
glenn3-88 said:

Why?

8 or below.

Glenn
I bet your right about the old coins being on edge and deep! Almost missed that 1853

Duggr,

Didn't have but about 30 minutes a couple of days ago but went back and
just swung a small portion, with no special pattern, and found 3 pcs of jewelry
that was very old and a belt buckle. In that small place I did find 1 coin but was
a 1973 penny. When I get chance, I'm going back and grid it slowly. Let you know

glenn3-88 said:
duggr said:
glenn3-88 said:
duggr said:
glenn3-88 said:

Why?

8 or below.

Glenn
Ok Glenn, Look forward to hearing what happens.

Duggr,

Didn't have but about 30 minutes a couple of days ago but went back and
just swung a small portion, with no special pattern, and found 3 pcs of jewelry
that was very old and a belt buckle. In that small place I did find 1 coin but was
a 1973 penny. When I get chance, I'm going back and grid it slowly. Let you know

Paulie said:
Congrats and thanks for sharing the video's!! I see that your sensitivity is on auto +3 and running at 28-20! I can understand why your getting those deep silvers now lol!! :thumbup:

I noticed that too. If my Auto +3 breaks above 20 in any way I'm happy. Its usually hovering just below 20.
Great digs. Seated coins are pretty rare in my area.
What kind of digging tool is that? I would like to try one.
Bryan

Bryan V said:
Paulie said:

I noticed that too. If my Auto +3 breaks above 20 in any way I'm happy. Its usually hovering just below 20.
Great digs. Seated coins are pretty rare in my area.
What kind of digging tool is that? I would like to try one.
Bryan

Paulie I just started running Auto recently. I usually switch back and forth between Auto and Manual depending on how dense
the concentration of nails and low conductors.
The Digger is the Predator Tools "Raptor 31" Best digger I ever used. Gets down to the Deep Targets Quick with the wide front end.