Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

cover on predator shovels

I lay mine in the back of my suv or set it in a 5gal bucket I keep in car for all my junk
Mark

I have a large black rectangular plastic container that I place my detector, supplies, and shovel. Albeit I wish the container was longer so everything laid down flat inside, it works to keep dirt out of my Jeep.

I just lay it on the backseat floor mat… if dirty, I lay it in the back of my truck bed in a plastic tray.

I am on a e bike with a trailer attached to it. I have my sharpened shovel bouncing around in the trailer along with my metal detector, pouch, pin pointer ect. I was just checking to see what other people put on their shovels to try and keep it from damaging anything in the trailer while in transit to the park.

Find an old sweat shirt or towel and wrap it up. It’ll cut back on noise too. Not many of us bouncing around on e-bikes on the way to the park…

I am on a e bike with a trailer attached to it. I have my sharpened shovel bouncing around in the trailer along with my metal detector, pouch, pin pointer ect. I was just checking to see what other people put on their shovels to try and keep it from damaging anything in the trailer while in transit to the park.
I'm not sure what you have to work with, but maybe rivet some 2-sided Velcro straps (like the kind used to secure coil wire to the shaft), to the walls of the trailer to secure the shovel and detector inside. Not good for the detector (especially the coil) to be bouncing around. And pin pointers are especially sensitive to impact. Garrets (black) are notorious for the coil coming lose inside.
Couldn't find an image, but the idea is to strategically rivet/bolt the center of a couple 8-10 inch lengths of 2-sided Velcro strap to the side/bottom of the trailer so you can wrap the ends around the shaft and draw it tight to the side/bottom of the trailer.

Split some ½ or ¾ inch hose and put it over the sharp edges and a split pool noodle over the handle. Cheap and easy!

When I take it on vacation, I'll wrap a rag around it. Otherwise, I just set it face down on the back floor mat.

Get an old PU Truck style Gun Rack, put the detector in the top level and the shovel in the bottom. Wrap a rubber band around one side of the rack to hold it all in place... I'm sure some of the ole southern detectors on here have a couple out back. Most are coated in rubber of vinyl..