Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Covering all the bases part 2

Lil Brother

"Get the net, David, get the damn net!" The fish was heavy and making a semi circle from right to left. "When he comes around, get him; you wont get but one chance!" After the fish saw the boat, he made an effort to try to go between my legs as hard as he could. The 7 ft Berkley rod was certainly holding its own and Carol had just left me buy 2 new reels the last trip we'd made to Bass Pro Shop.I had purchased 2 Johnny Morris edition baitcasting reel with a 5-1 gear ration and 10 ball bearings and boy was it smooth. The fish began tiring and bellyed up at the side of the boat when David slapped the net under him.

I let out a yell redneck style all the while the two in the boat that had just fished past us looked on. I measured him immediately after a couple of pictures. He was 24 1/2" long and I dont know how much in girth. During the excitement I had forgot to get his girth.
I lowered the fish in to the water and after reviving him and letting the water flow through his gills he slowly swam from the direction that I had caught him. Suddenly the trolling motor didnt matter much anymore.

We finished out the day fishing around the old pond but without any luck. We figured that we would start here in the morning around six a. m.

The next morning we fished the pond real good before trolling over to a cove to the right. It seems that the day before, the guy who was fishing in our pocket and saw me catch mine, had boated an 11 pounder thirty minutes after I had caught mine.

David through a june-bug lizard out to a lay down log when suddenly I felt him set the hook. I was busy getting a backlash out when he hit it. I grabbed the net and told David to bring him up to the side just like yesterday. He did and I netted him. He was 21 1/2" long by 14" in girth. A nice five pounder indeed. He also landed a little one; about 2 pounds.

We fished all day Monday without even as much as a bit.The sun was hot and the wind was blowing. As we were going back to the boat ramp, we noticed that there was a lot of people fishing off the public dock. They seemed to be catching a few too.

We anchored out by the dock to watch these local fisherman and found out that they were catching white bass and a few crappie. David and I both tied on small crankbaits and began catching some. They hated Davids little chrome with blue and orange one. I fished with different ones, but found a small silver one was doing the trick.
We caught around 30 in 45 minutes and decided to go in to town and buy a couple of ultra lights.

We were gone about an hour and had stocked the boat on ultralights and white rooster tails. We got back to the ramp, launched our boat, and set the anchored out just past the casting distance of the fishermen and women on shore. I hav e always heard the expression,"We were catching them one after another", and by golly its true. First the wind was blowing a gazillion miles an hour and second, the waves were 3 feet tall.Visualize this. There were probably 30 fishermen on the bank and our boat and another boat fishing side by side. The other boat was 3 people, a grandfather, a father, an a grandson around 6 years old. We commented that it just didnt get mich better and everyone seemed to agree. That six year old was having the time of his life!

Continued-----I had no idea it would take this long. Its a lot of typing for a two-finger typist. I will try to post some pictures next time.

Biggest one I have ever caught is 22 1/2-6lb 2oz but that is a lunker for Michigan. They don't grow year round up here.

n/t

as you throw it in! I can feel your excitement, but how much did your FIRST fish weigh that you released????? Anyway, going to the third part now! ILY, :)