Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Crazy Weather...Three day pass.

Ron J

We wait for a Long weekend and the Weather doesn't. Participate to well. Here in Massachusetts, Sunny one minute, then the Skies open up, and pour buckets at a time for ten minutes. Then cloudy, storm clouds, and nothing happens...
All of this did not stop me from buying a newer Pontoon Boat to replace an older 85 Pontoon I have had for years...Saturday, I drove to Chebacco Lake in Hamilton, paid for it, and drove the Pontoon around the other side of the Lake to my Brothers dock. His house is a fifty foot walk across the street to the house I purchased it from, but a fifteen minute ride on the water. I also moved the trailer to his yard, to be picked up later. I had planned on driving to the Ramp , haul it out, and trailer it to a ramp in Beverly, and bring the Pontoon to my own dock. But the weather was too unpredictable.
Sunday morning was not much different. I took a chance, drove to my Brothers, had my friend Tom drive the Tailed to the Ramp, while I drove the boat down the lake to meet him.
Fifteen minutes later, I had about 100 yards to go, could see the ramp, and No trailer there yet, and the Sky opened up! And did it ever! I was drenched in seconds... About five minutes later, which seemed like an hour in the downpour, my friend showed up, backed the trailer into the lake, and five minutes later, we were heading home, Pontoon in tow, in the downpour.
A couple of minutes later, the rain stopped, like it need happened. I just drove home, and parked the Pontoon in my yard.
Today, Monday, the weather still is unpredictable... But I spent a few hours, cleaning the boat, organizing things and preparing for launch. Finally about noontime , I decided to take a chance and go to the local ramp, and launch the Pontoon, and drive her home, up the Danvers River to my dock. Everything went well, and there she sits. Just need to find a buyer, for my older Pontoon. Should not be hard.
Ron J.:usaflag:

That is a nice looking pontoon boat. You are going to have some good times fishing from that new boat. Is that a freshwater lake? Thanks for sharing this story and picture. Kelley (Texas) :)