Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX-3030 DISC Patterns & Tone IDs w/ Settings - Compilation

Johnnyanglo

Ever wonder what patterns are out there for the CTX?

Here's 31 of them arranged from most open to most Disc'd with their accompanying tone ID bins and Mode Settings. It's an eye chart but you should be able to zoom in. Obviously, there are many patterns in use, and this is but a sampling. Could be a place to start if you need some ideas.:wiggle:

Columns from Left to Right:
Pattern Name
DISC 1 Pattern display
DISC 2 Pattern display
Tone ID display
Specific Tones (Hz) are arranged: Low, L-M, M-H, High, and if Combined Mode then BTM (bottom) is included.
Columns for Response: (Normal (Nor), Long (Lng), Smooth (SM)
Columns for Mode: Recovery Fast (RF), Recovery Deep (RD), Seawater (Sea)
Columns for Target Separation: High Trash (HT), Low Trash (LT), Ferrous-Coin (FC), Ground-Coin (GC)
Columns for Pinpoint Type: Normal (Nor), Sizing (SZG)

Johnnyanglo

Thanks for posting your compilations. If you would like to share your .mlf files with others on the forum, so they can download the programs into their CTX3030's, we can certainly add them to those over on the Resource Center. Just let me know and I'll help you get them set up. HH Randy

Newbie question. Haven't downloaded any .mlf files yet. Been creating new modes just based on stuff seen on the net, either using Xchange2, or just doing it on the CTX. Do the .mlf files show the actual discrimination screen patterns?

Yes. .mlf is the format used by Minelab on the CTX3030. If you download an .mlf file to your XChange2, it is the entire program........discrimination patterns, settings, separation, audio etc. You can view it on XChange2 and download it straight into your CTX3030. Or you can tweak it however you like, and then download it to your CTX3030. Several people have posted them over at the Resource Center. But honestly, we all have different styles, hunt different sites, search for different targets and have varying degrees of experience. Considering there are 1750 different notch segments for FE and CO numbers alone, when you toss in the Separation modes, Audio options, Tone ID profiles, Response, Recovery, Pinpoint etc.....it would take forever to list every possible "combination". My advice would be to find a program that best represents the amount of discrimination you want for the sites you hunt, and adjust the other settings in an effort to maximize the potential for those sites. Those preferences will be based on your technique, soil conditions, types of targets and audio response. HH Randy

Johnnyanglo said:
Perhaps it's only me, but I was able to zoom it up by clicking on it.

When I click on it it goes to your photbucket pictures which are even smaller.

Johnnyanglo said:
Ever wonder what patterns are out there for the CTX?

Here's 31 of them arranged from most open to most Disc'd with their accompanying tone ID bins and Mode Settings. It's an eye chart but you should be able to zoom in. Obviously, there are many patterns in use, and this is but a sampling. Could be a place to start if you need some ideas.:wiggle:

Columns from Left to Right:
Pattern Name
DISC 1 Pattern display
DISC 2 Pattern display
Tone ID display
Specific Tones (Hz) are arranged: Low, L-M, M-H, High, and if Combined Mode then BTM (bottom) is included.
Columns for Response: (Normal (Nor), Long (Lng), Smooth (SM)
Columns for Mode: Recovery Fast (RF), Recovery Deep (RD), Seawater (Sea)
Columns for Target Separation: High Trash (HT), Low Trash (LT), Ferrous-Coin (FC), Ground-Coin (GC)
Columns for Pinpoint Type: Normal (Nor), Sizing (SZG)

Here's the images again ... as large as photobucket would make them.

Johnnyanglo

Thanks for posting the larger images! I appreciate all the time you took putting these together for us to use!