Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX 3030 ever updated?

Since I had to send mine in for repair I asked the repair center if there were any updates that could be added. Does anyone know if this machine has ever evolved or been updated with anything?
thanks for responses.

If you have the option to check the saltwater box your up to date.

Yep, in addition to the above they added a Chinese language to it at one point (geez thanks guys) and added an option for Pinpoint Lock so you don’t have to keep the trigger pulled to keep it in pinpoint mode. My question after those things were done has been….”WHAT ELSE exactly would the CTX need?” That’s not meant to be a snotty question or any of that…it would be great to compile a central list of things that could possibly be done via an update and would be beneficial in the real world. Cuz let’s face it…a lot of people still use this thing, it’s not going away any time soon.

Yep, in addition to the above they added a Chinese language to it at one point (geez thanks guys) and added an option for Pinpoint Lock so you don’t have to keep the trigger pulled to keep it in pinpoint mode. My question after those things were done has been….”WHAT ELSE exactly would the CTX need?” That’s not meant to be a snotty question or any of that…it would be great to compile a central list of things that could possibly be done via an update and would be beneficial in the real world. Cuz let’s face it…a lot of people still use this thing, it’s not going away any time soon.
I was in the PC software business for many years. Trust me you don't want to try to fix something that is not broken. Chances are that a detector that was designed years before its release in 2012, they don't have any of the original engineers around or are on other projects. Bruce Candy probably had a big, big hand in developing the FBS line. You put a junior engineer on legacy software projects if you do anything at all. An update can and is likely to break some other software areas that you may not notice. You fix one thing and that is good, but it could and it is likely to degrade another feature. Software in our modern detectors is very complex. Now it is basically all about signal processing.

So I vote for leave it alone, the CTX3030 is not in need of any upgrades and that is a very good thing. They got it pretty much right if there are few upgrades.