Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX 3030 screen problem

Hello everyone, I believe I recall others posting about this but my CTX just began showing a blank spot on the screen about 3/8" wide down vertically, It is out of warranty and I am sure this means a new screen. Is this the case?

I can see why people sell these a few months before the warranty is up.

UWMM

Underwatermetalman-

That's what seems to happen when people take 'em for a swim. I would send it in to have it looked at and get the upgrade also.

yes ctx is splash proof not water proof from my experience (I had the line thing after a swim) and I did every thing in my power to do it right before I went in, ctx is a land machine you can wash off and use in the rain if you want too if you want a water proof detector get an excel or a cz or something that's WP too 200 feet anything less is a huge gamble. one I am not willing to take, I was lucky they did the right thing by me after my swim but after a new PCB etc.. I cant afford to have that happen again and have to pay for it.

once bitten twice shy right :poke:

AJ

AJ,

I think you and I are two of the few guys that are not afraid to call a Spade a Spade, we can say this thing is overpriced, under reliable ie prone to leakage, battery failures, screen failures, inadvertant shut downs etc. etc. When this thing was first released I recall a rep from my area claiming they tried this thing and they said all I can say is "Wow" he claimed he went out to previously hunted out parks and cleaned up with it. I started posting that this thing was a water resistant E-trac at best and is over-hyped. He took me out to shut me up and admitted he hadn't really found anything in the local parks. He was a nice guy but He aided in the hype but couldn't back it up. We went for a hunt and we did about the same. Bottom line, most guys hyping this thing are mainly reps and dealers.
Now I am hearing ML is selling on a tier basis meaning the small dealers are paying more for their product line and they are mandating an exam the dealers pass in order to remain dealers. All this, in a time, when Whites has come out with the MX Sport, which is a CTX version for one third the price. From what I can tell it at least equals the CTX in depth with a much faster recovery time. If my replacement screen cost is close to the new Whites guess what I a going to do....

It is too bad they sold this machine when I believe it was not tested to specifications. I do believe this could be a good machine with some tweaks and improvements-I expect more from MineLab than this.

UWMM

UWMM

man I am sick as a dog today, no fun !!

for me its not a water machine, one swim one leak out of warranty too, but minelab did the right thing and fixed it for me, so that was good :biggrin:

battery fix is good for us and minelab they don't get irate ph calls about the battery and we get a better battery.

I found in some spots it spanks all comers on deep silver etc.. and others its just an etrac maybe that's my settings but mmmm it seems to work better in some places than others not sure how that works :shrug:

yeah great idea for a detector no 2 ways but after near 4 years one software update maybe its as good as it gets??

I hope that isn't true for me I feel like sh$t

so I don't have any earth shaking revelations other than take it in the water past the screen at your own risk .

back to bed for me.

AJ

This detector is marketed as waterproof off till 10 feet. Either it is or it isn't. @ 2400 I think it should be don't you guys.. a lot of the leakage problems in my opinion were created by the user. Please forgive me if I stepped on any toes.

like my mate Steve H said somewhere I read any detector not rated to 100 ft or more is splash proof , and I have to agree!!

not stepping on my toes I been in once and wont be going it again but you are quite welcome to take yours swimming :jump:

AJ

underwatermetalman said:
AJ

Any idea what I am looking at for a screen?

UWMM

So what was the outcome

I'm kinda liking the idea that a dealer has to take a test to sell a machine. Will weed out lazy morons that have no interest in our hobby other than our money.

It happens to all LCD's over time, first I seen was a Teknetics 9000 in the '80s.