Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX 3030 - Sensitivity to Low Conductors?

gsitexas

To those of you who have been testing the new CTX3030, please comment on this new detector's sensitivity to low conductors such as small thin gold chains and other small gold items. Has this capability been improved compared to the Explorer and E-Trac?

Also, how is the new color screen to use in bright sunlight, is it easier to see than prior non-color versions?

Thanks,

Keith

in reverse order...... the larger, color screen is much easier to view in sunlight that the non-color screens. I am not privy to the specific screen they used. But from my understanding, reducing screen glare from previous models was an important issue for them. As to small gold chains and other small gold items.... during my tests, I did find some gold jewerly. And most of it was in places I've hunted with just about every Coin detector out there, including my E-TRAC. The majority of the jewelry I found was detected using a new Target Separation mode called Ferrous - Coin. Through advanced signal processing, Ferrous - Coin mode minimizes the blending of ferrous and non-ferrous signals, even when targets are right next to each other. By being able to separate targets to a greater degree, I was able to "un-mask" the jewelry from the trash in places I thought I had beaten to death in the past. But that is due to enhanced target separation and not to operating frequency. HH Randy

Can you show Pictures ????

Digger said:
in reverse order...... the larger, color screen is much easier to view in sunlight that the non-color screens. I am not privy to the specific screen they used. But from my understanding, reducing screen glare from previous models was an important issue for them. As to small gold chains and other small gold items.... during my tests, I did find some gold jewerly. And most of it was in places I've hunted with just about every Coin detector out there, including my E-TRAC. The majority of the jewelry I found was detected using a new Target Separation mode called Ferrous - Coin. Through advanced signal processing, Ferrous - Coin mode minimizes the blending of ferrous and non-ferrous signals, even when targets are right next to each other. By being able to separate targets to a greater degree, I was able to "un-mask" the jewelry from the trash in places I thought I had beaten to death in the past. But that is due to enhanced target separation and not to operating frequency. HH Randy

How is it possible to unmask jewelry from trash? I haven't ever used a machine yet that can do that. Sound very interesting. Thanks Randy!!!

http://www.minelab.com/usa/consumer/success-stories/ctx-3030-scores-the-trifecta

Thank you for the feedback Randy!

As a past owner/user of Minelab detectors (Sovereign, Explorer II, E-trac) I'm certainly interested in this new machine, specifically to determine if Minelab has released new technology that addresses issues I had with their prior machines resulting in me adding this new Minelab to my detecting arsenal.

Your comments are certainly encouraging and I look forward to learning more in the days and weeks to come!

Thanks again,

Keith

Gold and aluminum "trash" may have similar electrical characteristics. Whether a detector

Thank you Ken. You're courtesy is appreciated. HH Randy

Digger said:
Gold and aluminum "trash" may have similar electrical characteristics. Whether a detector

yep every gold ring i have found has sounded sweet no matter what machine i was using how is this different can it tell foil from a gold ring other than a sweet sound numbers etc.. ?

BP

as long as numbers rely on non-ferrous values, you won't defy the science of electron flow.

Digger said:
as long as numbers rely on non-ferrous values, you won't defy the science of electron flow.

its shame about those electrons if someone could find out how to change them we would all be rich or maybe not as gold would be everywhere, they used to chop their heads off back in the alchemy days didn't they.

BP

years later, they chopped the heads off of transistors and made them into diodes!

Digger said:

Digger said:
years later, they chopped the heads off of transistors and made them into diodes!

and made metal detectors with them.

BP

Better audio traits to gold rings versus trash with the same VDI number is nothing new if you own a machine with good audio that hasn't been highly processed and sanitized.