Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX 3030 set up for competition hunts.

Just wondering if anyone has any setups for the 3030 in a competition hunt.i have used mine in a couple just like normally use it with good success. Just wondering if y'all had any ideas?

I did once when I had my 3030 and made a big mistake and lost in the silver hunt as silver dollars and half were buried and couldnt find even one of them and when I realize with a pattern set up the silver read different than the clad would read and had them notched out. By the time I found out what I did the hunt was over. The 3030 is not a detector for competition hunt as it is slower responding in my opinion. on my other detector I use in competition are set to only reject the trash.

My friend Anthony uses his in the Milwaukee comp hunts and cleans clock. You just have to not have silver notched out…🤣 Sorry Rick, I know that must’ve sucked. Quick and light is one thing, Anthony has huge success because it is ACCURATE. Others were digging up pouches full of nonsense like bottle caps and nails while he is able to coast right past that stuff. Know what you’re looking for, adjust accordingly.

I have for years, and it is a very capable machine. If I were to fault it would be weight only. The coil tech elliptical is the cat's meow for comp hunting excellent coverage slightly lighter. Crank up your recovery speed to fast and maybe dial back your sensitivity unless it's a deep hunt ( you will kill it on a deep hunt). I never had much trouble with interference from other machines as a matter of fact the yellow ones hated to see me coming LOL.
Not sure why you would notch out silver halves and silver dollars ? Always know what you're looking for and test it especially coins on edge a lot of coins get stood up when burying.
HH Jeff

Not sure why you would notch out silver halves and silver dollars ?
As with most things in life, it's between your ears. Brain farts happen.
One day I spent 3 hours relic hunting and wondering why I'm not finding anything. Nothing was notched out, I was just ignoring ferrous signals out of habit… Well, that was embarrassing for sure.

I will be using mine also this fall. Just fast recovery and thinking about high trash. That should be faster then the others