Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX 3030 showing it's power

That was about what I thought the outcome would be. Fancy color screen waterproof and a few bells and whistles. FBS is FBS you can repackage it all you want but there has not been much difference it what it will find since the first explorer came out. Minelab makes some great detectors but things have not changed much since the FBS came out.

Jason

A couple of things:

1. The CTX after rewatching with video a few times CLEARLY hit the coin better from that one angle. More of a consistent 2 way hit, E-Trac was sometimes a two way but didn't sound as good.

2. I don't give much credence on a freshly buried target test IF the detector is FBS. Fast recovery speed machines do well on these tests, like my Jupiter. FBS machines don't. Too much comparison in the field on real targets to say otherwise.

It is a start. But the one REAL WORLD test is an actual target that has been in the ground for years (naturally) and cross checked with two or more different machines. NOT a freshly buried one imo.

Albert

ps - I'm not saying there aren't too many bells and whistles but to each their own here. I'm just saying a freshly buried coin with a nail next to it is NOT a good test for an FBS machine.

It looks the tester failedto use the new TargetTrace/ Pinpont Trace features features to isolate & identify the good target.... You have to use the new features go get any benefits....
http://www.minelab.com/usa/treasure-talk/ctx-3030-target-trace-pinpoint-trace-smartfind-2-visually-identifying-multiple-targets

Those two features only seem to work on shallow targets. Once you get past a certain depth they don't seem to work all that good. Kind of like the polar plot on the V3i. Once you got past 4-5 inches they didn't work right. Notice on the pictures on the link you provided what the depth was. 2 and 3 inches. Try it on a 9 inch coin and you will see totally different results. Not trying to stir things up just stating some facts.

I would like to see the same test with sensitivity pushed to the edge of stability for the area on both machines. And the same with Auto sensitivity +.

Thanks for sharing, well made looking forward to viewing more from you in the future.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)