Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX 3030 Spiral Manual

aoyue2702

I havent gotten my pre-ordered CTX yet, but I took the .pdf manual to a local office store and had them make my manual into a sprial book. turned out great.

This is the type of manual minelab SHOULD have included.

641896d1338664817-ctx-3030-manual-image-1467094584.jpg

641898d1338664829-ctx-3030-manual-image-2562388055.jpg

641897d1338664823-ctx-3030-manual-image-741763824.jpg

The dealer I bought my machine from did this and had a bunch printed double side and bound to hand out to those who bought one. A nice touch from the dealer, but yes, Minelab should have included one.
HH
MM

Thats awesome, would you be able to tell me where you purchased your machine from? I would like to have a manual like that as well when i order mine. It would make an amazing field reference guide when i need it most for the first few hunts.. Thanks

This is one thing that has me p'ed off. I paid top dollar for my CTX and I expected a manual to go with it. Seems that cutting corners was a theme with this machine. I mean, honestly, for $2,500, can't they print off a manual for me to use with my new machine? CRAZY! I got a manual with every other detector that I have ever purchased (in a much lower price range). Come on Minelab, unless you are claiming to "go green" this is ridiculous. -Marc

n/t

Marc, as another poster had said elsewhere, "But if they included the manual it would have brought the cost over 2500!" :crylol:

I did the same thing with printing it and agree they should have included it as well.

Albert

ps - Where is your thread stating the CTX is hotter on gold (something about a test to 9" and not 6" like with the E-Trac. Markg mentioned that to me.)

Many are offering a link for downloading a full manual for their products.

It's "JUST" the way the world works today !! ........ You can also store the manual on your computer for instant access, highlight, and print out the areas you need only.

aoyue2702 said:
I havent gotten my pre-ordered CTX yet, but I took the .pdf manual to a local office store and had them make my manual into a sprial book. turned out great.

This is the type of manual minelab SHOULD have included.

641896d1338664817-ctx-3030-manual-image-1467094584.jpg

641898d1338664829-ctx-3030-manual-image-2562388055.jpg

641897d1338664823-ctx-3030-manual-image-741763824.jpg

I just got back from the big name paper store. $68.00 for color not binded. Binded plain paper $35.00 bucks. I chose .09 cents a sheet B/W I couldn't open my file from memory stick. Whent bach home. Priceless

minelab marcus said:
The dealer I bought my machine from did this and had a bunch printed double side and bound to hand out to those who bought one. A nice touch from the dealer, but yes, Minelab should have included one.
HH
MM

That's why we need to support our local dealers! Thanks for sharing.

Got mine at Staples for around $8. Bound in black and white. I don't care about it being in color or not.

I bought it from the dealer in Grimsby Ontario Canada. He isn't a sponsor so I can't name names, but you can find it on the ML web site under dealers.
Rob there is great and he spent 1 hour with me showing me the machine and talking to me about settings and stuff.
To be honest, I spoke to some US dealers, great guys who sponsor this forum, to have one ordered there and shipped to a friend of mine in Michigan. The sales tax here is 13% so I would have saved what amounts to the underwater headphones. But they informed me they could not do that - dealer territory and stuff, rules set out by Minelab.
I appreciate the rules ML has set out and understand them, it is the Govt that I have the issue with. 13% sales tax is insane when you are already paying 30-40% income tax to begin with. But this rant is going to have to go to the Views forum if I continue.
I feel my blood pressure rising, time for some detecting therapy!
HH
MM

I put the CTX Manual on a USB flash drive, stopped by Staples & it will be done tomorrow. Quoted .19 cents a page for B&W, .29 Cents for color, 74 pgs total, both include spiral binding.

Don in South Jersey said:
I put the CTX Manual on a USB flash drive, stopped by Staples & it will be done tomorrow. Quoted .19 cents a page for B&W, .29 Cents for color, 74 pgs total, both include spiral binding.
Don That's where I went. I did ask for a better paper than just copy paper. I will stop back tomorrow both my quotes were with out binding?????and the girl could not open the pdf file????

Buried Crap NJ said:
Don in South Jersey said:
Don That's where I went. I did ask for a better paper than just copy paper. I will stop back tomorrow both my quotes were with out binding?????and the girl could not open the pdf file????

I am picking it up tomorrow, so I will let everyone know the total. I also asked for a heavier than stock paper, & the top grade paper that was more heavy duty, wound up being $.99 cents per page, so forget that paper.

aoyue2702 said:
Mine was $26 with the best paper they had, plus a front and rear cover, and sprial binding.

Like Don said the color manual type paper is .99 cents a sheet regular paper .29 cents plus binding so 26 bucks is about right.
They refused to print me one the Manual is Copy Right Protected.
I guess I have to hunt arround til I can find a less honest store.

Buried Crap NJ said:
aoyue2702 said:
Mine was $26 with the best paper they had, plus a front and rear cover, and sprial binding.

Like Don said the color manual type paper is .99 cents a sheet regular paper .29 cents plus binding so 26 bucks is about right.

Ahh, that is true. I've tried printing docs with copyright on them and they won't do it. Minelab needs to put a clause or something to allow for printing from shops.

earthmansurfer said:
Buried Crap NJ said:
aoyue2702 said:

Ahh, that is true. I've tried printing docs with copyright on them and they won't do it. Minelab needs to put a clause or something to allow for printing from shops.

Or, give Andy reprint rights so he can put the entire manual in his (surely coming) book, "Mastering The Minelab CTX 3030".

I went to Staples this morning to pick up the manual & they said $55, I said what:yikes:
The girl I gave the file to yesterday forgot to tell me the $.29 cents per page(color) was only if you ordered online.
So I left the store, went home & uploaded the CTX Manual online under the Copy & Print section in Staples website, then to Premium Portrait Presentations. I set it up with 5 tabs for the most referenced sections I thought I would be referring to(that was the most tabs you could have).This has the black metal coil binder, clear cover, black back vinyl cover,Paper/28lb White Premium 8.5x11 / Standard.
I paid $26.63 before taxes.

Most important: Make sure you register & then save your job before adding to your cart, or it will disappear.