Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX 3030 vrs SE PRO

I need some input regarding a pending decision to replace my CTX with a SE pro. I would like to hear from any one who have used both detectors. I bought the ctx with the intention of in water beach hunting, but a medical condition will prevent me from being able to water hunt and therefore will not need the water proof feature. Another consideration is the high cost of an out of warranty repairs such as screen failure and O ring leakage. Thanks, Bill

Hi Bill,

I've owned and used both. The SE Pro for about 3 years and the CTX 2 years. The SE Pro is a great detector but my experience was it did not get near as deep as the CTX nor was the ID near as accurate. If ID matters to you. There is nothing wrong with the SE Pro, but if your going to it because you don't need the waterproof ability then I'd go E-Trac personally.

My experience was the E-Trac is a cut above the SE Pro and the CTX is a cut above the E-Trac. Still all good machines.

I've owned an SEPro and still own a CTX. I also really liked my Etrac. I think the detecting depth with all three is about the same but the CTX will run stable in far more situations than the other two units. As for target ID the SE and the Etrac are better as far as "knowing" whats there especially with silver.With the CTX a 12/38-43 could be anything honestly. BUT it runs stable which is a BIG DEAL.

I would be more worried about a SEPro and Etrac being orphaned (phased out) and then parts for the repair not being around. The CTX is much less likely to go away on you for quite a while yet.

Even though the CTX technically weighs more then the other two it feels like less in the hand due to ergonomics of design.

You already own the CTX and your not going to go for a swim with it so you won't have all the problems that can go with that. I think you should keep it.
It is the best unit of the ones you mention.

I also own and really like my XP Deus (I know I know wrong forum) but if you are having mobility issues The Deus is a fine very deep 2 pound machine that will keep you out there having fun which is the Main thing.

CTTodd

Thanks for the replies, I think you are correct that the CTX is a better balanced detector. At this point I'am going to work with the CTX and see if I can manage the weight. I like the target trace feature and the smooth threshold. H H Bill

This info may help you Bill.

I use this with my CTX on longer hunts.
Oh what a relief.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=230809

Bill ( So. Ca.) said:
Thanks for the replies, I think you are correct that the CTX is a better balanced detector. At this point I'am going to work with the CTX and see if I can manage the weight. I like the target trace feature and the smooth threshold. H H Bill

Harness.

The ctx is better balanced but still a tank. For inland hunting only, I would go with the Deus or an E Trac/Explorer with sunray probe. I love the ctx but appreciate it's strengths and weaknesses. I also lift weights 5+ days a week. Decide what's best for you and what you are willing to endure. JJ