Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX 3030 waterproof headphones

I have been using the Gray Ghost Underwater for the CTX exactly like you are looking to and I have been completely satisfied with them. I thought the Gray Ghost Amphibians that Penzfan mentioned were for the AT Pro's and Infiniums?
http://www.detectorpro.com/ctx-underwater.htm

Grey Ghost Amphibians sound better than the Underwaters and also include a volume control knob which is worth it's weight in gold. Just my opinion...

Have the Grey Ghosts as well and like them. Have never tried these but here is another option from across the pond.
http://youtu.be/NjvTf41oapM

penzfan said:
Grey Ghost Amphibians sound better than the Underwaters and also include a volume control knob which is worth it's weight in gold. Just my opinion...

Right, but those are not made for the CTX, they have to be modified.

I was just over at the DetectorPro Shop and Gary Storm confirmed to me that that must be what was done.
I'm sure it can't be that hard to do though.

I make Headphones just for the 3030, waterproof or wading. Harold

With (HR Headphones) you can finally take advantage of all the Volume Controls on the CTX. Volume Gain, was meant to be used as an additional tool to distinguish between large OR small targets and deep OR shallow targets. With the waterproof headphones previously on the market for the CTX, you could not take advantage of the volume gain with high ambient noise, you always needed full volume or you would miss targets. Now with ( HR Headphones) you can use all the volume adjustments to your advantage, these headphones are made one at a time, they come with a CTX connector or with no connector, (your choice). If you already have a connector and want to send it with your payment I will install, saving you the additional cost. They are highly water resistant but are not made for diving, Payment accepted, postal money order, also check once cleared at bank, shipped only to the continental US.
Prices:
140.00 no connector, 150.00 with connector, You can get me at dralph2@tampabay.rr.com

Thank you for the reply. The dealer is having to send me a new 3030 as this one has issues with the Lower and upper shaft build thickness and will not assemble. So they are sending me out a new one. Once I get it In hand and working I'll give you an order. Warranty?

Are you talking about the Detectorpro headphones?

see here
http://www.detectorpro.com/headphone-warranty.htm

From what I read, altering the Amphibians would void the warranty

GKMan said:
Are you talking about the Detectorpro headphones?

see here
http://www.detectorpro.com/headphone-warranty.htm

From what I read, altering the Amphibians would void the warranty

Yeah that are only the underwater version. I thought i seen somewhere someone was making and selling the Amphibians with the CTX plug and warranty.

What i was refereing to about the warranty was about Harold in Fla post about his headphones.

I bought the Gray Ghost waterproof headphones in 2017, used them for about 2 weeks. In 2018 used them for 4 months and they started to go bad. Loss sounds/signals, cracking noise, low volume or none and intermittent. I traced the problem to a possible broken wire inside the headphone cable where it goes into the headphone jack on the CTX 3030. In searching my written literature for trouble shooting, I discovered the Gray Ghost Warranty card that I was suppose to mail-in within 14 days of buying the Gray Ghost headphones, so I guess I'm out of luck regarding the lifetime warranty. Was looking to buy another waterproof headphone manufacturer and came across two that look identical - one is sold on Amazon (Minelab CTX 3030 Waterproof Headphones Garden Accessory, made by Minelab) listed at about $93.00 and good down to 3 meters/10 feet (also found at Serious Detecting for $149.00). These have very poor reviews. There appears to be almost identical headphones sold by others (e.g., Kelleyco) made by Koss for the Minelab CTX 3030 for $149.00 that are good to 200 ft. Without further info, I'll probably go with the the Koss headphones for $149.00, but can't get over the poor quality Ghosts and hate to spend about $50.00 more for the Koss vs the Minelab, if I don't need to. Any feedback appreciated.

LawrencetheMDer said:
I bought the Gray Ghost waterproof headphones in 2017, used them for about 2 weeks. In 2018 used them for 4 months and they started to go bad. Loss sounds/signals, cracking noise, low volume or none and intermittent. I traced the problem to a possible broken wire inside the headphone cable where it goes into the headphone jack on the CTX 3030. In searching my written literature for trouble shooting, I discovered the Gray Ghost Warranty card that I was suppose to mail-in within 14 days of buying the Gray Ghost headphones, so I guess I'm out of luck regarding the lifetime warranty. Was looking to buy another waterproof headphone manufacturer and came across two that look identical - one is sold on Amazon (Minelab CTX 3030 Waterproof Headphones Garden Accessory, made by Minelab) listed at about $93.00 and good down to 3 meters/10 feet (also found at Serious Detecting for $149.00). These have very poor reviews. There appears to be almost identical headphones sold by others (e.g., Kelleyco) made by Koss for the Minelab CTX 3030 for $149.00 that are good to 200 ft. Without further info, I'll probably go with the the Koss headphones for $149.00, but can't get over the poor quality Ghosts and hate to spend about $50.00 more for the Koss vs the Minelab, if I don't need to. Any feedback appreciated.

Update
After much searching and posts, I decided on the L. S. Pelso waterproof headphones for my CTX from Kellyco for $129. They have excellent volume, pitch and tone. They fit well and have a good cord that isn't short. Also, in several posts, MDers have complained about low volume on some headphones, possibly because the headphone jacks are not wired correctly for the CTX. Sent in for repair the Gray Ghosts, and will use them for back-up.