Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX 3030

JBM1

I have noticed that Minelab adverts for the CTX 3030 have been removed for the last 3 months from the main inside pages of a favourite and large circulation, UK national magazine.

ie This month they are promoting the old faithful e-trac and the safari models.

Is this a possible indicator that a new Minelab is on its way.

Your thoughts from across the pond appreciated.:beers:

The ctx with its sticker shock and with features some don't need or want, while not a complete flop for Minelab, i don't think it met up to their expectations. The ctx has also been troubled with a few design and/or quality control problems. Ctx coils are proprietary meaning they're $$$$ too.
From some of the posts i've read, as far as raw detecting power, its not a whole lot better than the old trusty eTRAC. For the ctx price tag, one would epect a quantum leap as far as raw detecting power over the eTRAC but apparently not so.

There's a few threads on the Minelab eTRAC forum regarding a wish list for a new updated eTRAC-II, one published by me. I hope Minelab payed attention to these threads, listened to threir customers and is in the process of engineering a brand new updated eTRAC with some cool detecting features borrowed from the ctx.

We'll see, but i ain't gonna hold my breath knowing Minelab.

Hi Ironsight,Thanks for your response.

Something has got to give certainly in Europe and others may then follow suit. :beers: jerry.