Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX 3030

Johnny5

I love Minelab products and own, a SE Pro, Excalibur and CTX 3030. I've had several problems with the 3030 and its out of warranty. After speaking to Marty (from Kellyco, Minelab repairs) and Jamie (from Minelab in Illinois), Jamie is swapping my CTX 3030 for a new machine. I'm thrilled about the exchange and can't e wait to try the new CTX 3030. Thank you Minelab and Jamie for reassuring my faith with Minelab.

Johnny5 said:
I love Minelab products and own, a SE Pro, Excalibur and CTX 3030. I've had several problems with the 3030 and its out of warranty. After speaking to Marty (from Kellyco, Minelab repairs) and Jamie (from Minelab in Illinois), Jamie is swapping my CTX 3030 for a new machine. I'm thrilled about the exchange and can't e wait to try the new CTX 3030. Thank you Minelab and Jamie for reassuring my faith with Minelab.

wow! Thats awesome!

Hope I have as good as luck as you. My 3030 if off to Fla. for vacation at Kellyco, minelab repairs. It is two years eleven months and twenty two days old. Whew, still under warranty.
Went to one of Andy's boot camps and loaded some new programs. I have never used the exchange, so the cap has never been off the port. It has however been under seawater quite often so the cap was really tight. It appears the USB port connector locknut has unscrewed and now the connector is loose and does not seal against the back of the screen housing. Hope the wires have not twisted inside either as I'm not sure how far the connector turned before it was noticed. Anyone else have a problem with the USB connector working loose? Prime beach season now so looks like I'll break out the Excal.

It did seem too good to be true, but awesome anyway! Good luck from one with twice as many 'labs. :twodetecting:

Another choice..... buy a new one. Once yours comes back sell the old one.

Now that's an idea! :clapping: