Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ctx and palladium 

stephenscool

Recently purchased a new to me ctx. Will be using it exclusively for wetsand saltwater. Been playing around with the beach mode and have found that the ctx will null on palladium, 1 damaged 18k white gold and a white gold 9k ring. Clear signals on yellow gold, pt, and silver.
Still very new to this machine and dont understand most of the terminology. What are the best settings for knocking out iron and stainless steel only while keeping the greatest depth ?
Btw, I live where the Minelab videos and YouTube are firewalled nationally

Stephen...I’m not a beach guy but most go wide open I understand. Keep at it,you will LOVE what this machine can do!:)

IDXMonster said:
Stephen...I’m not a beach guy but most go wide open I understand. Keep at it,you will LOVE what this machine can do!:)
Thanks for the reply IDX.. can you elaborate on "wide open"? I chose beach but in both pattern 1 and 2 the ctx billed on the damaged 18k, pd950, and 9k rings.
Is there a pattern that just knocks out iron/ss?

Stephen
I had a simalier situation on my machine accepting large silver on a coin mode I was useing.
One of the great things about the CTX is put it on the bench and open that modes Discrimanation until it accepts the metal your conserned about.
You can just do it one box at a time until your satisfied it will accept the object, maybe a little extra room if you like.
You can’t go wrong, just adjust the Discrimanation to your liking .
Let us know how it worked for you
BT

open your discrimination pattern until just the bottom right corner is blocked out, or you just set the FE disc line at something like 27 to 30 and you should eliminate the vast majority of junk. Run the detector in manual sensitivity as high as you can until you just get an occasional false. I havent looked lately but I would the screen2 of the beach mode should get you what you need.

Keep in mind, the CTX works great on salt beaches but it wasnt designed as a jewelry hunter. You have to accept the bad with the good. BTW- most detectors have problems with broken rings, they dont give solid signals so it confuses the detector.

I went through the rings 1 x 1 and when it was rejected I just hit the accept button. Hopefully it saves the settings. I only get to go to the beach once in a while and don't want to spend all day testing patterns. I will likely bring the rings in question and bury them in the wetsand to be sure I'm hitting them.. one of my main beaches has several ctx hunters.. I also found 4 pd rings during the summer there following with my pi.

Right now using beach, pattern 2, auto +3, manual accept for the rings in question.

Feels like I'm flying a spaceship rather than operating a detector.
I guess everything has a learning curve .. access to videos would sure help

Stephen, you are on the right track. Spend a bit more time learning about how to customize your discrimination patterns. There are lots of forum topics on doing this + study the appropriate CTX manual section- those should make up for you lack of access to videos. Good Luck!

Stephen,

If you are interested, I would be glad to chat with you by phone. I think there are some things I could tell you that might make things make "more sense" to you, fairly quickly.

I'd be glad to help; send me a PM if interested and I will give you my number.

Steve

stephenscool said:
I went through the rings 1 x 1 and when it was rejected I just hit the accept button. Hopefully it saves the settings. I only get to go to the beach once in a while and don't want to spend all day testing patterns. I will likely bring the rings in question and bury them in the wetsand to be sure I'm hitting them.. one of my main beaches has several ctx hunters.. I also found 4 pd rings during the summer there following with my pi.

Right now using beach, pattern 2, auto +3, manual accept for the rings in question.

All good advice IMO,as long as the disc isn’t hiding too much. Just don’t get overwhelmed,it has basic settings that you will do well with,and more complex stuff you can learn about it and how it acts. IF you put in the time you will be VERY glad you did. If not,you’ll never know how good it really is.
Can I ask where you live that YouTube is banned?

Jason in Enid said:
open your discrimination pattern until just the bottom right corner is blocked out, or you just set the FE disc line at something like 27 to 30 and you should eliminate the vast majority of junk. Run the detector in manual sensitivity as high as you can until you just get an occasional false. I havent looked lately but I would the screen2 of the beach mode should get you what you need.

Keep in mind, the CTX works great on salt beaches but it wasnt designed as a jewelry hunter. You have to accept the bad with the good. BTW- most detectors have problems with broken rings, they dont give solid signals so it confuses the detector.
I've settled on something similar to your settings. This is great when running in manual sensitivity.
Just curious.. Have you tried gb over a bottle cap or ss target? Then running it hot in manual sensitivity with noise cancel. I see a lot of potential in this machine with enough experience and experimenting.

stephenscool said:
Jason in Enid said:

I've settled on something similar to your settings. This is great when running in manual sensitivity.
Just curious.. Have you tried gb over a bottle cap or ss target? Then running it hot in manual sensitivity with noise cancel. I see a lot of potential in this machine with enough experience and experimenting.

No I haven't. ITs been discussed before, and I had plans to try it, but every time I get out to detect I forget and dive into the hunt.

Thanks for the help Steve. The pm messages were a great help. Thanks for taking the time
sgoss66 said:
Stephen,

If you are interested, I would be glad to chat with you by phone. I think there are some things I could tell you that might make things make "more sense" to you, fairly quickly.

I'd be glad to help; send me a PM if interested and I will give you my number.

Steve

stephenscool said: