Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX and Target Trace

LTimedigger

Here's the deal. Have any of yall "sniiffed out" keepers in really trashy areas using TT. Love the ctx but have gravitated to my deus in some local parks where a lot of the good stuff is really deep if your willing to dig the no tid tones. The ctx is quieter and gives better signals deeper but I understand TT is only good to about six inches. Is paying more attention to TT plus using auto and the shooter coil a viable option since using manual to pull some more depth is too unstable in the really trashy areas. Thanks!

Many times.

You might also consider using AM Pinpoint Trace with the Pinpoint Lock on...
(Don't forget to slow way down.)
https://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,2307866,page=1
:)
mike

Edit:
And here's another target trace/pinpoint trace tip:
https://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,2264380,2264382#msg-2264382

Here's another pretty nice coin I found in trash with pinpoint trace:
https://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,2294934,2294934#msg-2294934

Definitely yes. I don't 'watch' TT but will check it anytime something sounds 'off'. Best was a barber half at an acute angle at about 12-14". But that was very rich loamy damp soil. Not typical for my soils. On the beach tho, that's an everyday depth with the 17" coil.

Troidor, just read your post on the 21 merc, funny but i was just talking about the 21 with a friend last week. Told me the mints in 21 issued few of any of the denominations that year except the silver dollar. Hope we find a 21 quarter now!. I love both my ctx and the deus because they each bring different strengths to the table but with all respect to CZ, i'm beginning to feel that the ctx is a bit stronger in heavy modern trash, and it begins and ends with TT and TTP. I know that bottle caps will mask smaller coins so TT image not as effective on screen, but the ctx being an FBS machine, ML was able to place them in a slightly lower field than the high conductor coins, so even if I get a cap image and sound but the TID is a little higher than a cap, I become suspicious. Wish I had read these posts in 16 but was learning the Deus then(smile). Thanks again.

You’d better believe it TimeDigger,and THAT is one of many reasons the CTX is more of a VISUAL detector than others. Even with HighTrash Target Separation I can watch the trace and where it’s coming from/going to. In my mind,it’s an extension of the predecessors where you could use the Smart Find Screen and watch cursor movement, but with the CTX they’ve actually colored in the pathways the cursor is taking. Many times I’ve determined a high conductor was in with something else by seeing that pathway. A couple of times the pathway would go completely horizontal from nickel to high conductor,and guess what? Nickel was part of a coin spill. It is an INCREDIBLE feature to have.