Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX arrived!

Well the new CTX arrived today from Indian Nations and she's all built and charging up!

I'm a pretty technical guy and I understand everything that's going on with the machine however if there are any tips with the machine whether it be on the soil or in the setup that could spare me any undue growing pains I'd love to hear from you experienced CTX'ers:)
My previous machines were an Etrac and a Sovereign GT and a couple Explorers before that but my ears are always open for advice.

Thanks everyone!

Welcome Agile.
Since you are coming from the Etrac and the Sovereign you are not going to have much difficulty picking up the language the CTX speaks. My advice would be to connect it up to Exchange2 to make sure you have the latest firmware (which came out in October of 2012 so you are probably OK there), enable target trace so that you can gather as much information as possible about any targets your picking up, I would enable pinpoint lock so you don't have to hold the trigger, but that's personal preference.

I would also recommend watching the videos in the resource forum, http://www.findmall.com/list.php?95

Beyond that you are going to find most of your answers by searching this forum.
Good Luck

Thanks much Gary - I've been combing the Resource Page here for at least a couple months before making the decision to jump into a CTX. I think I've watched every video on YouTube multiple times as well but there is always information out there.
I took the machine out today for the 2nd time and equipped the 17in coil on it for a hunt at a low trash park. Just a demo run to learn the machine but so far it hasn't been that hard, like you said, coming from previous Minelabs is a great help.Dug some clad and a pendant, nothing too exciting but it's fun feeling yourself click with the machine as you identify readings and tones.

Thanks for response bud I really appreciate it. Have a great weekend!

~Joey