Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX arrived

digginLa

Finally got my CTX today. By the time I could put it together and play with it I didn't have time to go anywhere so I just wandered around the yard with it listening to the tones and seeing what kind of the info the screen gives you. Was really easy to navigate the menus and it has some of the same buttons as my 705 does. Ended up using a combined program that the guy I bought it from and put on the machine and the stock silver program. Have to say I liked the combined program the best especially after I turned the sensitivity from manual to auto 3. I didn't dig anything but from what I could tell I was getting hits on good targets that where right next to trash items. Heck I even got a couple hits that were 10-12 inches deep. Not sure the wife would appreciate me digging that big of a hole in the yard especially since we haven't had any rain. Can't wait to actually get out and hunt with it!

HH,

Jimmie

Congrats on the new machine.
You have a lot more self control than I have- no way I'd let those pesky targets stay in my yard.

Congrats!! Make sure you get Andy Sabisch's book The CTX 3030 HANDBOOK, as it is the "true" manual that should be included with every new CTX!! Lots of great information, and will show you how to get the most out of your machine!!

I forgot to mention that Andy's book came in the mail today also. Wife has had plans for a bunch of cleaning up and re-organizing things around the house and in the storage building this week and weekend while she's off work so won't get to take my new baby out and hunt with it until next week. Oh well will just means I'll have time to read Andy's book and watch more videos!

Jimmie

Jimmie,

Keep in mind that if you use the "wiggle" to pinpoint, anything shallow (5" or less) should be at or just inside the toe.
If it gets up there around 9" to 12" it will move more toward the center. That's when I use my pinpoint (lock) button
and it gives me an accurate depth and perfect location of the target. The only way I use to find a nickel was by
accident. I can say with confidence now that I can find a nickel laying amongst pull tabs. 90% of the time they will
be 12/11 12/12 12/13 but rarely 12/14 unless it is a new one or a war nickel from 1943 or very shallow. 20% of those
nickels have been Indian heads. I think everyone will agree that the nickel is the most missed, walked over, and
discounted for trash coins being hunted today. You will not regret getting one.

I like trying to find nickles. That was one of the things I liked about my Omega, I discriminate most of the trash but notch in nickles. On my 705 nickles come in at 12. I bought my CTX used and the guy I bought it from has a program on it where all the coins come in as a high tone so I'll have to see how it works with pull tabs. Thanks for the advice, will pay attention to how it pinpoints on different targets next time I take it out.