Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX Audio

Will someone explain Volume Gain please. (harryhh) Also, I run my CTX with an audible threshold tone but have never heard a "whisper" tone.
Only a full loud hit on all targets regardless of depth. I do run my audio Volume limit on 30 always. I have only had my CTX for two months so I
am still in the early learning stages. I do hear blanking on the threshold but never a whisper tone. I have dug ear ring backs at 6" and quarters at 12".
Will someone shed some light on the Audio please.

My understanding of Volume Gain is this:

Lower the number on your gain and your deeper targets will be softer than targets closer to the surface.
Higher the number up to max, and all your targets will sound the same.

Some folks with better hearing than others like to have that dimmer tone (lower volume gain) to get their attention that there is a deeper target.
I am still on the fence with using lower numbers, only because deeper targets don't happen often enough for me to get a good grasp on hearing them or not.
I have some hearing deterioration that may limit how quiet of a tone I would still be able to hear if I had the gain too low, so I am slowly testing it out as I detect a deeper target based on screen data.

I can totally see the benefit of depth separation by tone, so it can be a very useful tool provided your hearing itself isn't reduced already.

What is your volume gain set at if it's 30 then all targets will be loud . Volume limit is how loud all signals will be to the ear . To change the deep hits to whispers you will have to turn down your volume gain . Which I for one would not do because I want to here all deep hits as loud as I can . It may be use full if your just hunting deep and not looking at the screen and only digging faint hits .:thumbup: sube

If you run gain at 28-30 it'll make deep (or weaker) signals as loud as surface signals.

I prefer to have some balance so I can differentiate depth by the audio, so backing it down to 20-24 gives some audio clues while still amplifying weak signals.

Thanks everyone for your response. Now I have a better understanding and will
play with gain and response to see the differences and choose whats best suited
for my ears. Thanks again to all and good luck to every body.