Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX battery charger question

Well I hope I don't win a dunce cap and have to sit in the corner for this colossal mistake but.......

I am not home to defend my gear each week and as a result all the support gear for my detector (charger, power adapter, spare battery, cables) got scattered to the 4 winds by my granddaughters who were visiting earlier this month. To make matters worse, I repair electronics as a hobby and I own boxes and boxes full of AC adapters!! Well to make this long story short, grandma in her infinite wisdom thinks she placed my charger AC adapter in one of the many boxes of adapters I have in the garage! Now it is one of hundreds of adapters, that have been churned in weeks past not knowing it was in there!!

I have recovered all of the detector accessories, but the AC adapter is at large for the charger and I need help identifying the "wall wart" as they are often called. So what is the name on the adapter and possibly the specs (volts, amps, polarity) so I can begin to narrow the search? A picture of just the identifying markings would be the ultimate! Assuming MineLab did not use multiple OEM's to supply them which is certainly a possibility for devices such as that.

I am really sorry to have to ask, but I knew this would be the best place to go for a question this hopeless.

Thanks in advance,

The Shark

n/t

PokerShark said:
Well I hope I don't win a dunce cap and have to sit in the corner for this colossal mistake but.......

I am not home to defend my gear each week and as a result all the support gear for my detector (charger, power adapter, spare battery, cables) got scattered to the 4 winds by my granddaughters who were visiting earlier this month. To make matters worse, I repair electronics as a hobby and I own boxes and boxes full of AC adapters!! Well to make this long story short, grandma in her infinite wisdom thinks she placed my charger AC adapter in one of the many boxes of adapters I have in the garage! Now it is one of hundreds of adapters, that have been churned in weeks past not knowing it was in there!!

I have recovered all of the detector accessories, but the AC adapter is at large for the charger and I need help identifying the "wall wart" as they are often called. So what is the name on the adapter and possibly the specs (volts, amps, polarity) so I can begin to narrow the search? A picture of just the identifying markings would be the ultimate! Assuming MineLab did not use multiple OEM's to supply them which is certainly a possibility for devices such as that.

I am really sorry to have to ask, but I knew this would be the best place to go for a question this hopeless.

Thanks in advance,

The Shark

Wow, I thought I was the only one with a similar situation. Got my CTX 3030 charger AC adapter mixed up in a box with several others and have been trying to identify it, since good ole Minelab didn't see fit to label/identify it as a Minelab product and the Adapter for the CTX 3030 charger. Then I just happen to see this thread and photo posted by Digger which solved my identification problem.

Thanks for asking the question Poker & thanks for posting the photo Digger.

HH

Altamaha

Long ago I finally got so frustrated with having so many different cords and chargers that I started labeling them all as I took them out of the box. Now I just have to read the equivalent of a book to find the one I want.

I feel your pain.....I have many adapters as well. I recently tossed many as IF I didn't use them by now....I probably wont and IF I need one....I know where to get it.

In answer to your dilemma, Look for the one that plugs into the wall vertically AND has a green led light in the corner. Very few would have them both that way.