Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX Battery Questions

duggr

Why is it that the Standard AA Battery holds eight cells which is 12-Volts and the Rechargeable
Lithium Battery say's 7.2 VDC 34Wh? Shouldn't I be able to install eight Lithium AA rechargeable's
in the AA pack and charge it as long as it isn't charged over 12 VDC?

No I think 8 lithium batteries would be 8 x 4= 32 volts peak charge and they normally run at 3.6 volts . So the pack says 7.2 which is only 2 batteries at 3.6 apiece as oppose to 3.6 x 8 =28.8 so it would fry it . The reason the aa are at 12 volts is to last as long as the lithium pack the detector works on a voltage from 5 to 14 volts I think. sube

sube said:
No I think 8 lithium batteries would be 8 x 4= 32 volts peak charge and they normally run at 3.6 volts . So the pack says 7.2 which is only 2 batteries at 3.6 apiece as oppose to 3.6 x 8 =28.8 so it would fry it . The reason the aa are at 12 volts is to last as long as the lithium pack the detector works on a voltage from 5 to 14 volts I think. sube

I see! there is no 1.5Volt LIO rechargeable available! I wonder if the Power Genix NIZN 1.6 volt would work?

They all will work as long as you stay under the max the detector can handle 1.6 x 8 =14 if you threw a dummy batt in there it would be just fine .Remember 8 aa will be 13.5 volts at full charge . sube

CopyTech99 said:
I thought you had to charge cells BEFORE installing in AA pack ??

99, he's talking about the primary battery not the accessory battery and you are
right. The optional accessory battery pack that comes empty with the detector
when you buy it new has to have the batteries charged like you say. Those
re-chargeables will never show a full charge when installed back onto the
detector. Only the standard Li-on battery pack that came with it will ever
show it with a full charge. I just bought a set of power-ex 2700's and a set
of Panasonic Eneloop 2400's for mine and they last a long time.

glenn3-88 said:
CopyTech99 said:

I just bought a set of power-ex 2700's and a set
How long do you Get out of them? That standard Rechargeable LIO
is a JOKE.

The eneloops are great! You'll be happy with them and they have great shelf life for a rechargable NiMh. Why they haven't come out with lithium AAs is a mystery but probably has something to do with all the other battery companies going broke when everyone switched to lithium. I bought some 9V EBL lithiums and they are amazing. They ran my propointer for nearly 6 months of daily use.

I made a battery pack out of the one that held aas . the battery I used which is 4 of them is a 18650 li-lon two together to produce 7.2 volts then the other two tied together and ran in parallel with the other two which gives you the reserve the ones I bought on flea-bay were 5000 ma which is double the minelab pack it last for close to 30 hours . you have to be able to take them out and charge them separate but it's like I have 3 packs now , and the price was $ 12.00 dollars for two batts and a charger that charges two at a time .Takes a while to fit it all in there and still be able to take them out to charge . sube

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,2172718

just a side note those 5000 mah trustfires are not 5000 mah from my looking in not too distant past the best brand names 18650's now are 3200 mah any battery saying it has more is lying :blowup:

use these at your own risk research 1.5 volt lithium polymer rechargeables AA size.

AJ

Those were not trustfires will have to see what they are however they do last a lot longer than the minelab pack .At least they were made in japan instead of china . sube just was on flea-bay and now they claim they have 6000 mah batteries . lol

that wouldn't be hard lasting longer than the minelab ones :biggrin: if they are made in japan they should have a brand on them?

my pack is still up and going strong so wish I could get my hands on some old li ion minelab parks :biggrin:

have a few spares for weeks away etc...

AJ

duggr said:
glenn3-88 said:
CopyTech99 said:

I just bought a set of power-ex 2700's and a set
How long do you Get out of them? That standard Rechargeable LIO
is a JOKE.

I honestly get more out of the Li-on battery but not much. Maby an hour or 2 longer
and that is pushing it. Honestly!!

////////////////////////////I rarely use that battery pack though. Seems like I get harder hits with the
Eneloops and Power-EX's