Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX Deepth?????

mickfin

I know we have some seasoned operators on the CTX by now, My Question is what dos the tones sound Like on a Deep
Target or Better yet SIVER, Do I need to set my CTX on some different setting????
I Like the 50 Co tones most of the time, I use open comdined wen im in a lot of Iron, But the CTX is supposed to be
Good on Deep Silver??? But have never found a target passed 5" I use the stock coil most of the time, But the 6" in trashy areas,
Im a old Whites user 25+ years so im not new to this Great Hobby, Thanks for all your Help in this Big family of ears,
Mickfin,

From my experience, all of my deep keepers have had a choppy thumping sound with slight variations in TID but consistent enough to know to to dig, after months of experimentation! I now use combined audio with an open screen and ferrous discriminated below 22. I find that too much discrimination tends to mask good targets. Also, although I know I will get a lot of disagreement, I use straight audio (A) sens. Which has yielded many targets at 12 inches using the stock coil. I found that too much sens. Gave me lots of annoying falses.
Hope this helps
Chuck

I rarely find coins deeper than 5" out in my neck of the woods, but occasionally do. In fact surface clad is getting harder to find in public areas, as too many other hunters have hit these areas. I run open screen, combined mode with either Auto+3 if EMI is bad, or Manual is chattery above 20-21, otherwise I try to run Manual as high as possible.

Anywho, just yesterday I had a repeatable 11-39, 12-40 in several directions with a reasonable diggable tone for a said depth of 6".
I did my best to cut a plug that would net me close to 6" in one shot. Dense enough soil that I was able to get it dead on, and at the bottom of my 6" plug was a dang memorial.

Again, I don't get many targets that are deep unless they are nails, old scrap aluminum, or lead.

Hope to hit a few old houses and a farm this winter to see how well the CTX can sniff deeper coins that "are" in there.

I have got silver dimes at 9" with my CTX I use gone hunting's program +2 sens works great hear in Grand Rapids michigan

I run my audio gain crown so that deeper targets come in with a softer sound - makes it a lot easier to pick the old targets from the shallow stuff. I find that when running multi-tone (50) silver has a similar "warble" as the E-Trac that I used to run. I dug a 7" SLQ today that sounded heavenly!

I am no seasoned operator but I do have some videos showing deeper coin digs with the 3030. I have one called "Digging deep targets with a Minelab CTX3030" this may help you. There are several others too that I know had deeper signals dug. You can see the screen and hear the sound on them. I can not post links here because they have those little ads in them but if you look on youtube you can find them. My youtube name is dirtfishing.

Bill_S said:
I am no seasoned operator but I do have some videos showing deeper coin digs with the 3030. I have one called "Digging deep targets with a Minelab CTX3030" this may help you. There are several others too that I know had deeper signals dug. You can see the screen and hear the sound on them. I can not post links here because they have those little ads in them but if you look on youtube you can find them. My youtube name is dirtfishing.

Bill,
Just checked out your video on hunting deep targets and it confirmed what I had been experiencing regarding what deep targets sound like. Keep up the excellent videos!
HH
Chuck

Thats a good video Bill... wildherre

How do I find Bills-s Videos ???? Thanks Mickfin

Thanks Bill 4R sending your Video, It sounded Like you wear in Manual sens with it almost maxed out????
You dident talk about the settings, Mickfin

Bill_S said:
I've watched some of your videos and they're great. I've noticed that sometimes you are in "auto" and sometimes in "manual". What is your determining factor when you decide "auto" or "manual" to hunt in?

As far as manual or auto sens I kind of just go with the area and what I am looking for. If I am in a real trashy park I may just go with the auto sens to give me a little more stable detector. If I am at a sight and I am looking for deeper targets I may turn up the manual sensitivity to try and squeak out a little more depth. If the detetor is only wanting to run at say 19 or lower in auto I may turn up the sensitivity to the mid twenties especially if I am looking for deeper targets. I have some areas that the detector will run 27-28 auto and I usually dont mess with it if it is.

Thanks Bill, 4R Deep targets iLL try manual too the point of a bit of chatter????? Mickfin

Hi
Please tell me the maximum depth that CTX 3030 can detect a 30*30 cm metal with largest coil in soil.
THANKS

Dears it is very important for me please reply.
what is the maximum depth of CTX 3030 for a 30*30 metal in soil?
Thanks

What are you looking for?

What is this "30*30 metal" material made of? Steel, Iron, copper, lead, aluminum?

What kind of soil mineralization?

Swing speed?

Detector settings you are working with?