Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ctx false signal

spanish silver

while running combined ferrous coin I get alot of really nice two way signals that sound smooth and a null when I turn 90, and its always iron, how can iron sound so good my display shows the triangle in the bottom right plus the circle on the 12-40 area.

are you talking nails???? they are very hard on MD's in one direction and show thier colors in the other,,, and make sure you are re-checking your holes,,,,, it may still hold another target

If you pinpoint the good tone and it moves it's a junk item if it stays where you pinpoint you better be digging it simple.

sube said:
If you pinpoint the good tone and it moves it's a junk item if it stays where you pinpoint you better be digging it simple.

Clarification, please. What do you mean by the target moving when pinpointing? Do you mean to pinpoint first by eye-bowling from the swings and than use the pinpoint mode and if the two are apart than it's a nail?

Actually move around the target, if the spot where the tone is moves, then it's def a nail.

you can do this with the wiggle PP also,,, if your having a hard time PPing,,, then it's prolly junk

I read this post and was confused but I now am understanding the question. I also have seen this happen FE line of 22 I get a low grunt, triangle down around 33-44 and a circle up at 12-40 and no target trace info showing. I have dug these and found nails deep around 10inches (beach) No other targets. This seems to happen repeatably. Why does the machine show 12-40 a circle at 12-40 and you see a triangle at 33-44 and dig a nail? If it didn't read 12-40 it would be a correct responses. But both seems screwed up!
BCNJ

not sure,,, but if it is consistantly,,, then it's telling you it's a nail one way or another !!!

TheGeorgiaCanuck said:
Actually move around the target, if the spot where the tone is moves, then it's def a nail.

Great post! If it inconsistent and moves around, almost always iron. You have to dig many of these targets to notice the differences. Coins will always be smaller and more consistent! Takes practice!

I don't think that I have dug a 12:40 and it wasn't iron. I skip 12:40s no matter what now. I will dig a 12:39 and 12:41 every time though.

Thanks everyone, I find all this info very helpful and am finding the learning curve quite easy coming from a etrac. This machine is amazing and is blowing me away each time I hunt with it, cheers

Confused said:
I don't think that I have dug a 12:40 and it wasn't iron. I skip 12:40s no matter what now. I will dig a 12:39 and 12:41 every time though.

Dug a WLH this year that was a 12-41 @ 5". I always dig those now.

I know about the 12-40 falsing you guys are talking about but if i get a solid actual hit at 12-40 both ways,some tokens seem to come in right about there. also bottle twist tops too but those are easy to identify by audio.HH

If I see 12-40 it's a twist cap, and I always ignore it. I'd rather miss one silver dime, than dig 300 twist caps a week. :)

Just read a post where a CTX user got a 12-40 and dug a 1910 Newfoundland silver quarter and a US "V" Nickel in the same hole.

The last US 2-cent piece I dug hit a 12-40. HH Randy